Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkwest 10k Sunday 23rd October

Options
  • 18-10-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Is anyone doing this one? It's for the Irish Kidney Association, to coincide with organ donor awareness day.

www.runforalife.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Hi folks,

Is anyone doing this one? It's for the Irish Kidney Association, to coincide with organ donor awareness day.

www.runforalife.ie

Had I known this was on I would have entered as I have been looking for a 10k as would suit better with my overall plan but have already signed up to 5k on the Saturday. Hmmm 2 races in 2 days decisions decisions:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ecoli wrote: »
    Had I known this was on I would have entered as I have been looking for a 10k as would suit better with my overall plan but have already signed up to 5k on the Saturday. Hmmm 2 races in 2 days decisions decisions:D

I'm in a similar position. Only saw this on a poster last night and am already in the 5k on saturday. FWIW the course is 3laps of 3.3k (plus a 100m run into the finish) and it is super flat.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position. Only saw this on a poster last night and am already in the 5k on saturday. FWIW the course is 3laps of 3.3k (plus a 100m run into the finish) and it is super flat.

Have ran the lap in Maynooth in the college Road relays its a great course.Oh the 5k is a given but I am trying to weigh up the possiblity of double racing though I am just seeing whether I can justify it (even weakly) in terms of the overall plan for waterford

Have ran the lap in Maynooth in the college Road relays its a great course.Oh the 5k is a given but I am trying to weigh up the possiblity of double racing though I am just seeing whether I can justify it (even weakly) in terms of the overall plan for waterford

5k is a given for me too, but also considering the 10k. I know the 5k is a 3 lap course, what I'm sayin about the 3 laps of 3.3k refers to the 10k on sunday ;)

5k is a given for me too, but also considering the 10k. I know the 5k is a 3 lap course, what I'm sayin about the 3 laps of 3.3k refers to the 10k on sunday ;)

Two three lap races in two days almost an omen that they go well with each other;)

Looking at schedule Mileage will still be high this week and back to back races could be good for strength (provided I am sensible) so could very well see me toe the line on both

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I love how you're trying to justify two races in a row ecoli. Just do it if you want to do it. Back to back sessions are no harm every once in a while.

I love how you're trying to justify two races in a row ecoli. Just do it if you want to do it. Back to back sessions are no harm every once in a while.

What can I say I am a big fan of every run having its purpose and working towards a single goal. Not unheard of for back to back races and fact my mileage has been high enough the last while I should get away with it.

Im going for it:D

What can I say I am a big fan of every run having its purpose and working towards a single goal. Not unheard of for back to back races and fact my mileage has been high enough the last while I should get away with it.

Im going for it:D

You'd have more than enough time to make it to the park for the Gerry Farnan too. Sure you may as well, that will be good for the oul leg strength.

You'd have more than enough time to make it to the park for the Gerry Farnan too. Sure you may as well, that will be good for the oul leg strength.

And they are near enough each other that I could jog in between you may be on to something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You're worse than an ambulance chaser, trying to injure ecoli for more business. :D

• Advertisement

And they are near enough each other that I could jog in between you may be on to something:D

Only about 3.5 miles. You can do a fast 5k and short recovery inbetween both races. :)
    You're worse than an ambulance chaser, trying to injure ecoli for more business. :D

Busted! :( I would do no such thing. :eek:

I was out spectating at this one after my LSR, disapointed I didn't run i as I think I would have came 3rd with anything around 40 minutes.

The top 2 were miles ahead of the rest in 34:xx, Ecoli came in second about 15 seconds behind the leader.

I have to say this was the worst organised race I have ever seen. It started 20 minutes late. There were 3 races at one (3 lap course) and the stewards had no idea where to send the runners after each lap. The 10k leader (and eventual winner) came around after his first 3.3k lap and was wrongly sent up towards the finish line by one steward before being sent back onto the course over some grass banks. He must have lost 10-15 seconds there. Also the race was run exclusively on narrow paths with a lot of lapping going on due to the 3 lap course so it looked like a real traffic nightmare for the faster runners. Ecoli also informs me the course was short.

I guess it is more of a funrun and not a serious race so most will let that slide.

I was out spectating at this one after my LSR, disapointed I didn't run i as I think I would have came 3rd with anything around 40 minutes.

The top 2 were miles ahead of the rest in 34:xx, Ecoli came in second about 15 seconds behind the leader.

I have to say this was the worst organised race I have ever seen. It started 20 minutes late. There were 3 races at one (3 lap course) and the stewards had no idea where to send the runners after each lap. The 10k leader (and eventual winner) came around after his first 3.3k lap and was wrongly sent up towards the finish line by one steward before being sent back onto the course over some grass banks. He must have lost 10-15 seconds there. Also the race was run exclusively on narrow paths with a lot of lapping going on due to the 3 lap course so it looked like a real traffic nightmare for the faster runners. Ecoli also informs me the course was short.

I guess it is more of a funrun and not a serious race so most will let that slide.

Thankfully a long warm up meant I knew the exact lap so i didnt fall victim to being sent up by the finish

The traffic was only an issue really down along the canal other than this managed pop on to the road it was ok. The only problem with this was the turns as the cones actually cut off the road so coming around these was forced to jump back up on the paths (and around the odd person:D)

Course itself was a great one and with a flat fast course like that there is potential for a great race there

In terms of it being short I say that it was probably measured along the road rather than the path but the runners were pushed onto path for most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I was there taking pics - will be giving them to the charity to display on their site.

so keep your eyes open and you might have been caught on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Results are here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Nice picture of you in page 5 of the Irish Mirror today Ecoli.

Advertisement