Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time

Options
  • 18-10-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy a ouija board.
    Myself and a couple of friends are planning to do a séance on Halloween.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i really dont see the link between seance, ouija board and halloween - but im sure you could make one easy enough if you had too. personally i think you're wasting your time - its a board game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Okay then. I'm all new to this. What's the best way to try communicate with spirits?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

not being a smartarse, but thats the magic question. hotly debated around here. If you just want to scare yourselves, go to a graveyard that has no lights and in the middle of nowhere, split up, put on blindfolds and wander around for a while. seriously - that'd be freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Plus, the line'll be busy on Hallowe'en. It'll be like trying to send a text on New Year's Eve.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Urien. I lolled. :)

If you want to mess around, you can try scrying, seance, ouija, automatic writing or any of the old school methods. Not that I recommend any of them. No, you most likely won't release the wrath of hades, but if you get results it can be less fun than you expect. This stuff messes with your mind. I've met so many regular people who tell how they were left unsettled and spooked by thing like this that happened years before. They want answers and help long after it should have been forgotten.

I think if ya want a scare then tell ghost stories. Sounds lame but in practice its not. Everyone has something that happened to them thats spooky, just look at the thread here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭_Beau_

Big Steve wrote: »
    Okay then. I'm all new to this. What's the best way to try communicate with spirits?

There is no such thing. :)

ETA: I should have added, 'in my opinion'.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Beau, please keep the conversation stoppers to yourself. You are posting in paranormal, so please read the charter so you understand the rules and ethos of the place. Thank you.

The rules don't require me to agree.

Besides, I'm being friendly - not disrespectful. :)

Have you had any experiences with supernatural entities yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I provided some useful information on the practice of ouija boards in the last thread that we had on it. It includes what to expect and how to deal with what happens when it all goes horribly wrong.

Here's the link.

I apologise, Steve.

It was not my intention to cause offense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Urizen wrote: »
    Plus, the line'll be busy on Hallowe'en. It'll be like trying to send a text on New Year's Eve.

In that case, ye should pick someone who was really unpopular to contact instead, like Charles Haughey or Myra Hindley!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

myself and a friend did it one night after a few cans, it started off ok but my friend lifted his finger off the glass to early and then got sick and was complaning that he feels there is a big weight on him. that night i found him screming in the corner of my room crying, at first i thought he was messing until i saw his tears...

long story short.. stay the hell away from it

we got night mares for up to a month or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

go to a spiritualist church,there will be one near you

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Go see "Paranormal Activity 4" on Hallowe'en, safer, just as scary and you get popcorn too. Seriously, if you are "new to this" sort of thing I wouldn't take a chance on it.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy a ouija board.
    Myself and a couple of friends are planning to do a séance on Halloween.

You don't need to buy one. Just get a big piece of smooth card or better, a glass topped coffee table, and with a marker, draw the alphabet on it. Then just use a shot glass as the thing that ye put yer fingers on.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Red Hand wrote: »
    You don't need to buy one. Just get a big piece of smooth card or better, a glass topped coffee table, and with a marker, draw the alphabet on it. Then just use a shot glass as the thing that ye put yer fingers on.:)

now theres an idea for something to do some night after a few drinks with mates....

Advertisement