Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Law?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any textbooks for first year Criminal Law that aren't overly long/difficult to read? I missed a week and a half due to illness which isn't a problem for my other subjects but I was already a good bit behind on Criminal due to the lecturer being impossible to listen to without falling asleep.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

who have ya????

Most law books are quite tedious to read....simple fact of the course your doing. Ger Coffeys book i found perfect for me but others had issues with it. Anything in the short loan section in the library is your best bet...most relevant ones are in there

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

get the criminal law nutshell? won't get you a high B or an A, but for catching up, all you need is a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    get the criminal law nutshell? won't get you a high B or an A, but for catching up, all you need is a nutshell.
    Just got that today, it's laid out in a bit of a weird way though so I'm gonna keep looking for a proper textbook anyway.

I've got Andrea Ryan, she's the only lecturer I don't like. Also have Veronica something for the tutorials, and she's the only tutor I don't like... She's why I need to catch up so fast actually, she kicks people out if they don't know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Criminal Law: Cases and Materials by Smith and Hogan is a great book for getting case examples, which you can use to timeline the evolution of law in that topic in England and Ireland. I went into the exam with about fifty cases, their facts and importance, ready to be rattled off from that book alone

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Jikashi wrote: »
    Criminal Law: Cases and Materials by Smith and Hogan is a great book for getting case examples, which you can use to timeline the evolution of law in that topic in England and Ireland. I went into the exam with about fifty cases, their facts and importance, ready to be rattled off from that book alone

Perfect, thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement