Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Source

Options
  • 18-10-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where the new first source call centre is gonna be located. I know that the training takes place in churchfield, is this the same as the actual call centre? Also, where exactly is churchfield? How far would it be from the UCC campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's going to be in Churchfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cork red

Did anyone go for an interview?If so,what is the pay like?

Minimum wage I reckon if it's anything like the place they're taking over from.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

yeah its minimum wage

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cork red

Do ye know if that was minimum wage across the border from customer serivce agents to team leaders as well?

• Advertisement

Not a massive improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Hi, does anyone know where the new first source call centre is gonna be located. I know that the training takes place in churchfield, is this the same as the actual call centre? Also, where exactly is churchfield? How far would it be from the UCC campus?

its going to be located in the old eircom building on mt agnes road cork google it and you will see it on the map.

anyone know how many people they are looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sean M. doodles

Does anyone know if interviews are still going on ? :confused:

They're still going on this week in the clarion but i'm not 100% what time, if you ring the clarion they'll be able to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sean M. doodles

Cheers, there was a radio anouncement Monday saying they were being held in the river lee hotel. I went there, did the interview, and got a call earlier today saying i got the job :) hehe

• Advertisement

Congratz, you part time or full time? I've just finished training, starting taking calls tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Deano boy

What was your first two days like??? interview tomorrrow? is it a good job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cm0ng0

Anyone have any more news on FirstSource and job responsibilities, interview process etc?

Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner. So far thing's are ok. The training we got only equipped us to deal with so much, so a lot of the learning is taking place out on the floor. There are usually plenty of people around to help you out though which is good and the system is easy enough to navigate. There's a good atmosphere as well and everyone's very friendly. The only downside is the minimum wage and no time and a half sunday. The only day you get premium wage is Christmas day :( My first week's done and I'm happy to say that I'm enjoying the job. Of course it may not be for everyone and I can see it gettin boring but I'm part time so its broken up into 4 hour shifts which fly by! Ye could do a lot worse than work here i'll tell ye that!

Any more questions fire away!

What are the working hours like there?? Is it based in Church field ya? What is the actual customer service ye do?

Questions, Questions, Questions!! hahahah :D

Yea it's based in the eircom building in Churchfield :) Hours are good for college students this week i'm 7-11 mon, tues thursday and i worked saturday 10 - 7 so that's 20 hours. You can ask for overtime if you want as well.. Im not 100% about full time hours though.

As for what we actually do, it's mostly dealing with PAYG problems from Meteor and emobile customers but some Bill Pay inquiries also make it through. Eventually though we'll be focusing solely on PAYG customers and Dublin will get bill pay exclusively. The most common things you get are people looking to port (keep their existing number after joining us), top up mobile broadband, find out why they're being charged for texts/calls when they shouldn't be etc... Almost everything you need is on the systems we use so it's just a matter of getting experience navigating CM, Eolas and the various other things we use daily.. The training provided is good as well so if you get the job you'll be well equipped to deal with all that. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Yea it's based in the eircom building in Churchfield :) Hours are good for college students this week i'm 7-11 mon, tues thursday and i worked saturday 10 - 7 so that's 20 hours. You can ask for overtime if you want as well.. Im not 100% about full time hours though.

As for what we actually do, it's mostly dealing with PAYG problems from Meteor and emobile customers but some Bill Pay inquiries also make it through. Eventually though we'll be focusing solely on PAYG customers and Dublin will get bill pay exclusively. The most common things you get are people looking to port (keep their existing number after joining us), top up mobile broadband, find out why they're being charged for texts/calls when they shouldn't be etc... Almost everything you need is on the systems we use so it's just a matter of getting experience navigating CM, Eolas and the various other things we use daily.. The training provided is good as well so if you get the job you'll be well equipped to deal with all that. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Full time hours would operate from 8 am to 12am 365 days a year so it would 8.5 hour shift a day.

Glad to see you like you new job. Tomorrow is our last day working for meteor it will be a end of a era for us. But you will have some of the guys moving there.

Wish you best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oladi28

Hi there,pls do u know if FirstSource are still recruiting? thanks

Yeah any chance they're recruiting at the moment as I had to let the interview go at the time.....

I'll post here if/when they're hiring again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oladi28

thanks mate! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 potatohead90

hey i know this is an old post but maybe i can get an answer? i have an interview with these guys on wednesday and i'm just looking for some tips. its in dublin 2 and what kind of work should i expect?

I'm part time with millward and brown which is a call centre which do polls and surveys for company's. Is it something similar to that. O and how does it work for getting shifts, do I get a set amount of shifts a week or do I just say what im available for and they get back to me.

Id really appreciate a reply. Thanks

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan_cork92

I have an interview there next week, is the training paid and how long after the interview does the role start if ya pass it ( which I will ) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brighid83

Hi there,

New to boards.ie and I have an interview with Firstsource in a couple of days and was just wondering what they are like and what the training hours are like?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan_cork92

Hi brighid ,

I started there last month , it's pretty good, they are very helpful and the training hours are 9-5 but they usually let ya out early , just make sure ya learn some key points about the company for your interview, you will more than likely be on the Css campaign so you will be doing call listening with me and my team anyway :)

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brighid83

Hi Dan,

That's very helpful indeed!! Thank you very much. Fingers crossed I will see you up in Churchfield next week then!!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Advertisement