Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Stork Good Food Cookbook By Paula Daly

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

It's amazing all the interest in these books after all these years. Who'da thunk it back then? :D I usually pick up recipe leaflets in supermarkets and just last week picked up one in Superquinn on cooking fish. There's not a lot to cooking fish but the sauces and salads are good. I made one salad last week and everyone said it was gorgeous even though it was terribly simple. I'd better keep the leaflet.......forever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Eviledna wrote: »
    I called stork but they were of no help.

I have found that Gill & McMillan were the publishers for McDonnells, and that all 4 books are available in the National Library, where they allow photocopying for those of you in Dublin.

Next step will be to get on to G&M to see if they can be digitized.
    thats great could u give me a recipe for christmas pudding please thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi OP,

I did see one or 2 of them in a local charity shop when I was dropping off stuff a few months back. Had a quick flick but didn't take much notice as my Mum has all the booked (well used)

I would be more than happy to go and have a look and see if the books are still there and if they are to pick them up for you.

Carolinespring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

thats great could u give me a recipe for christmas pudding please thanks

Sure, I have posted it before: click here. Enjoy :)

Hi OP,

I did see one or 2 of them in a local charity shop when I was dropping off stuff a few months back. Had a quick flick but didn't take much notice as my Mum has all the booked (well used)

I would be more than happy to go and have a look and see if the books are still there and if they are to pick them up for you.

Carolinespring

Oh please do I'll be so delighted hope it's not too much trouble for you

• Advertisement

Eviledna wrote: »
    Sure, I have posted it before: click here. Enjoy :)

Many thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dodo bear

Hi
    I know your post is old now. But i am looking for the books myself but cant find them. If u still have the books could i get a recipe from you. Its the house cake. My mam used to make it for our birthdays when we were little and i would love the recipe to make it for my little nephews birthday. I would be sooo grateful if you could :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Give me five minutes ill try to take a photo and upload the recipe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

ill do it in morning...phone battery gone

Thank you so much. :) that would be brilliant. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I found all 4 at an antique auction I was unwilling dragged along to last year.
    Happy to share any recipes requested!

My mum bought 2 of the "best of mcdonnells good food books" which is an A4 book, so I have that as well!

Hi
    Would you have the recipe for the house cake? Its a childs cake. Really want to make it for my little nephews birthday. It something my mam used to make gor our birthdays and would love to give it a go. :)
    Would really appreciate it

Thanks

It's not a house, but a log, but I presume it's the right one? Only structure related cake I could find!

24zxgd5.jpg

35hpjcj.jpg

qqb96s.jpg

Yes thats it thanks soo much u are a star.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dodo bear wrote: »
    Hi
    Would you have the recipe for the house cake? Its a childs cake. Really want to make it for my little nephews birthday. It something my mam used to make gor our birthdays and would love to give it a go. :)
    Would really appreciate it

Thanks

I'd love to see a photo when you make it - either here or in the Cakes & Bakes forum :)

Will do :)

We always got the hedgehog for birthdays, so would love to see the finished "log cabin"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Our birthday cakes were always either the Shaggy Dog or Runaway Train from these cookbooks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Twin Mom

Hi. Does anyone have the parsley and thyme stuffing from the Stork Mc Donnell's Good Food Cook Book? As far as I remember it's the brown book which was the first in the series.

Thanking you in advance.

Ta-Da!

2vdnqya.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

This is still the stuffing recipe my mother uses at Christmas every year! It wouldn't be Christmas without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mogsmoo

looking for sausage meat stuffing recipe from Stork , been using it for nearly 30years but lost the recipe cant remember the correct measurments, HELP

I'm the stuffing fairy:

2zzkr2b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brendan mohan

Could you digitize the last 3 books in the series? I have the first one uploaded to my Facebook group "McDonnells Good Food Cook Book by Paula Daly".

Advertisement