Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie car insurance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Well I just got my insurance renewed. 6 years no claim bonus, full comp on door mazda 3, 08 with no claims bonus protection. 347euro (last year same policy was 385 euro). They were cheaper then axa (440), fbd (457) and zurich (470). Whil the others offered some nice incentives like lower excess and extra cover for things like 500 more for fire brigade call out etc it wasn't enough to suade me away. 123/RSA remind me of ryan air. Great prices but the extras are all extra.
    Change any part of the policy at any time and they'll charge you the admin fee but even at that if I had to change it for what ever reason (had to change house policy as alarm stopped working so while it was being repaired they marked me down as having no alarm (25euro)).
    Regrading through all the companies T&C's, for general (what I regard as the most improtant cover) there's very little difference between them. There's only differences on some of the other stuff. Like with no cliams bonus protection FBD allow 2 unlimited crashes caused by you and your no claims bonus is protected whereas 123/rsa allow 1 unlimited then it drops a couple of years if you've a second crash.

I really wanted to move away from them this year but cost was to great to justify it. Having both the car and house insurance with them this was the charges:

FBD: 819
    AXA: 790
    Zurich: 829
    123/RSA: 632

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daddyo1

donegalboy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I got a really, really good quote from 123
    Should I take the offer or are they the ryanair of insurance?
    I mean, has anyone had any good/bad experiences with them??

I just cancelled with 123 with less than a month to go on my policy. I had been a customer with them since 2011. Even though I had paid my premium in full, they still charged me the 40 euro cancellation fee. Just to rub salt in the wounds, they decided not to refund me for the remaining month of unused insurance. Even if they are cheaper than other companies, I will never take out any sort of policy with them again. If that's the way they treat a good customer, I'd hate to think how they'd be if you were trying to make a claim.

My advice:

KEEP WELL AWAY FROM 123 You may regret it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't drag up ancient threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement