Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween ammo from Hornady

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried the zombie ammo from Hornady yet,he he.:D
    Thought that was hilarious just before halloween.
    With Hornadys Z- max bullets.

http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/latest-news/zombie-max-ammunition

Quote from website

But please note, Hornady Zombie Max ammunition is not a toy. It is intended only to be used on zombies, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Zombie Max ammunition.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

hahaha... hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

I wonder are those actually for sale or is it just a halloween party piece?? Would make an interesting conversation topic havin a few of them in the ammo belt .. :D Plus we have a few zombie banks so it does make you wonder who is runnin them!!! :eek: If anybody tracks down a few in the 12 gauge variety let me know!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

hrcbob wrote: »
    I wonder are those actually for sale or is it just a halloween party piece?? Would make an interesting conversation topic havin a few of them in the ammo belt .. :D Plus we have a few zombie banks so it does make you wonder who is runnin them!!! :eek: If anybody tracks down a few in the 12 gauge variety let me know!!!

Well i think you will only find this for sale in the US.;)
    There is a youtube clip about it too.
    A bit ridiculus if you ask me.
    I thought Hornady was a bit more serious then this???:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4

With any luck someone will import a few even if it was just for the novelty factor.. :D Its nice to see a bit of humour these days,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

hrcbob wrote: »
    With any luck someone will import a few even if it was just for the novelty factor.. :D Its nice to see a bit of humour these days,,

Well True.It might be a good hunting round in 223 and 308;)
    But to me it looks more like a sales trick:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Id imagine that given the fact that they market them by saying not to be used on animal, Veg, or minneral that they may not be worth actually loading into a gun,, ?? I mean they give no guarantee if balistic qualities or anything.. Simply will stop a zombie dead.. or undead as the case may be ha.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Well i think you will only find this for sale in the US.;)
    There is a youtube clip about it too.
    A bit ridiculus if you ask me.
    I thought Hornady was a bit more serious then this???:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4

Apparently Steve Hornaday has a great sense of humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

So could you use them on the winning streak audience????
    ala republic of telly!!:D:D

nice one NorwayV

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Glensman wrote: »
    Apparently Steve Hornaday has a great sense of humour!

And somtimes you need a wonderful sense of humour to be a gunowner in this great little country!!
    So if anyone does get them in..2boxes of 243,9mm and 00 12GA please:D.
    I wont have it said that I wont use quality ammo in making the VIP undead...dead??:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

They'ld be perfect for trick or treaters.......

ONLY JOKING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Do you reckon zombie hunting is good enough reason to put on the FCA1. If they're the fast kind, like in 28 days later, you might even have grounds for a semi with a high cap mag.

After all they are a terrible scourge and need to be culled ;)

haha

Hmmm would these be classified as shooting at lifelike human targets over here??
    After all they are now the dead,so hardly human anymore???:D

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=42783/Product/DARKOTIC-ZOMBIE-SPLATTERING-TARGETS

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

They just do adds like that to sell things to the american market, i was on a range a few weeks back in buffalo NY and there was a lad there looking for the most damaging home defence ammo they had, he was shown ones called extreme shock and told they could blow a leg off, he bought 3 boxes (150 rounds) plus his range ammo, that's a lot of legs!

The US market always has to keep producing new and improved and extra powerful products to keep there customers happy

Which of course feeds media hype and the anti gun crowd get somthing new to get their underwear in a twist about.

Cant wait to see what the Brady bunch will make of Zombie killing ammo!! No doubt if it saves just one Zombies life[???] it will be worth banning it!:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

rgugliel wrote: »
    The US market always has to keep producing new and improved and extra powerful products to keep there customers happy

I wish...

I find too often that American ammo is underpowered because it is underpowdered.

I have heard that because of the lawyers in the states, manufacturers tend to err on the side of a bit less powder. All the reloaders (Stateside) that I know verify this.

This is why I like Hornady. They usually load to the correct specifications.

I tried to get the Zombie ammo, but no one has it, they're just taking orders.

I for one will be using buckshot when the zombies come.
    3186.jpg

Actually, they are the cheapest I have seen a case of ten boxes goes for $169.99 with free delivery in the States. Looks like they are not shipping until Nov 4.

I like the dislcaimer

Hornady Zombie Max 223 Remington ammo for sale is a new production ammo that features 55 Grain Z-Max bullet. Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition . Order a case of Hornady Zombie Max 223 Remington ammo bulk, receive free shipping..

Also, if there are no Zombies to be shot in your area, you should practice on, wait for it, of course, a zombie target. (Not kidding)
    3133.jpg3134.jpg3135.jpg3136.jpg
    God Bless America!

On a serious note, these things are supposed to have some new bullet, correct?[/QUOTE]

I am half tempted to bring one home with me, anyone want a shot?

I cannot imagine what I would say to TSA or the baggage people if they were to see "bleeding ex girlfriend" in the case...

Advertisement