Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete blocks prices in Ireland.

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all. Can anyone give me an idea on the price of concrete block. Starting a new build soon and just getting a step ahead of my self with prices ect. Not sure if they come in blocks of 1000 or more. According to block layer we will need aprox 6000 for a 2200sq ft bungalow
    Thanks in advance for response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Declanm5000

€0.45 ex. VAT per block would be average cost. Add approx. €0.15 ex VAT per block for sand, cement and €0.75 per block labour and you are looking at approx. €1.40 per block supplied and fitted!
    Get square area of wall and using above rate you would be looking at approx. €17 per sqare meter of wall (100mm single skin of block) for labour, material, DPC, etc. Give you rough budget price. (All rates are ex. VAT).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hair's Pam

Thanks a mill for that. Just nice to have a guideline to go on. We got labour quotes of .50 cent a block to lay. Which is great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Building my shed at the moment.
    Paid 57 cent per block and then 60 cent to get it built.

Hope it helps.

yop wrote: »
    Building my shed at the moment.
    Paid 57 cent per block and then 60 cent to get it built.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭WUFF

Thanks a mill for that. Just nice to have a guideline to go on. We got labour quotes of .50 cent a block to lay. Which is great.

Hey,
    Just curious, is that 50 cent per block including vat?
    Also will the blocklayers be installing insulation in the cavitys as the walls go up? If so, is it included in block price?

T

• Advertisement

WUFF wrote: »

Hey,
    Just curious, is that 50 cent per block including vat?
    Also will the blocklayers be installing insulation in the cavitys as the walls go up? If so, is it included in block price?

T

Hi, yeah the quote we got does including vat. Regarding insulation I presume block Layer puts that in as they build the wall. Def ain't getting extra from me to put it in. Am I right in saying they tie it to the wall as they build it. Not quite sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭WUFF

Yes if your using cavity insulation sheets, they are normally placed tight against the internal leaf and held in place using wall ties and spacers.
    Anyway, good luck with the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but building in coming months and wondering what the average price is for blocks at the moment.
    Do prices vary much in different parts of the country or what should I be looking out for when purchasing such as guarantees against pyrite etc. Will be getting a price from roadstone who are nationwide and will probably use that as benchmark to compare others to

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

i would also like to know this, where the best price for blocks is in the laois area

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Halfwaythere

i would also like to know this, where the best price for blocks is in the laois area

Kilsarin in cork about 30 euro a bale of 44 delivered im sure you could bargain down with quantities

• Advertisement
Advertisement