Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged for early cease of broadband but we didn't cease - we only moved!!!

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

We moved from one house to another in the same small estate last month. We contacted yourselves and asked if we could move our a/c, telephone number and broadband and continue on as normal.
    We were informed this would be possible so we were pleased.
    From then on our experience has been a disaster. The phone was connected - no problem but for about two weeks after we had no broadband yet eircom were telling us we had. After literally hours on the phone being pushed from pillar to post we eventually found out that the broadband had been turned on alright but to the house we had vacated:confused:.
    In the meantime we had a visit from a service engineer who told us we had it (but we hadn't) and that the problem must be with our pc! A follow up call to eircom establised he had requested a new modem but hadn't even mentioned that to us.
    While he was in the house he asked my wife to speak to someone in customer services (sounded like India) who told us we hadn't been connected to broadband because we were in arrears on our a/c! This never happened, we pay by direct debit.
    Eventually about 2 weeks ago the broadband arrived. Today our bill came with a charge of €291.30 + VAT for an early cease charge:eek:
    You guys cannot be serious.
    When we made our first enquiry this was not mentioned and it was never mentioned since. This is bill number 14.
    I can't believe what eircom is trying to do to us. If we were required to enter a new 12 month contract because of the move we would have been happy to do so.
    Why oh why are you charging us for this? We didn't leave yet we're being screwed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

We moved from one house to another in the same small estate last month. We contacted yourselves and asked if we could move our a/c, telephone number and broadband and continue on as normal.
    We were informed this would be possible so we were pleased.
    From then on our experience has been a disaster. The phone was connected - no problem but for about two weeks after we had no broadband yet eircom were telling us we had. After literally hours on the phone being pushed from pillar to post we eventually found out that the broadband had been turned on alright but to the house we had vacated:confused:.
    In the meantime we had a visit from a service engineer who told us we had it (but we hadn't) and that the problem must be with our pc! A follow up call to eircom establised he had requested a new modem but hadn't even mentioned that to us.
    While he was in the house he asked my wife to speak to someone in customer services (sounded like India) who told us we hadn't been connected to broadband because we were in arrears on our a/c! This never happened, we pay by direct debit.
    Eventually about 2 weeks ago the broadband arrived. Today our bill came with a charge of €291.30 + VAT for an early cease charge:eek:
    You guys cannot be serious.
    When we made our first enquiry this was not mentioned and it was never mentioned since. This is bill number 14.
    I can't believe what eircom is trying to do to us. If we were required to enter a new 12 month contract because of the move we would have been happy to do so.
    Why oh why are you charging us for this? We didn't leave yet we're being screwed.

Hi Molzer2,

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and telephone number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Hi Mark,

Just PMd you those details,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Hi Mark,

Just PMd you those details,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Hi Molzer2,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Thanks for your PM and for clarifying the situation. I look forward to that being refunded,

Thanks for your help.:D

Mark,

Thanks for your PM and for clarifying the situation. I look forward to that being refunded,

Thanks for your help.:D

Hi Molzer2,

No problem :)

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

So,

I got my next bill and that €291 that was in the process of being refunded and was to appear on the bill hasn't been refunded!

In fact I got another extremely large bill which seems to include connection fees which I don't think are correct either.

So, I rang customer services and eventually a very nice girl informed me that I was correct and that the amounts would be credited to my a/c. (I've heard this before) I'm sick of this at this stage, I want the money that is being overcharged to be returned to me ASAP. I have a talktime and broadband package which normally works out between 50 & 60 euro. My last two bills have exceeded 500 and Eircom wan't me to leave the money with them until it's used up in a few months time. The girl told me that I could ring the credit management section (she gave me the number) during office hours Mon to Fri.

Am I not the customer here? Do I have to keep chasing Eircom to return my money?
    It's getting ridicolous :mad:

So,

I got my next bill and that €291 that was in the process of being refunded and was to appear on the bill hasn't been refunded!

In fact I got another extremely large bill which seems to include connection fees which I don't think are correct either.

So, I rang customer services and eventually a very nice girl informed me that I was correct and that the amounts would be credited to my a/c. (I've heard this before) I'm sick of this at this stage, I want the money that is being overcharged to be returned to me ASAP. I have a talktime and broadband package which normally works out between 50 & 60 euro. My last two bills have exceeded 500 and Eircom wan't me to leave the money with them until it's used up in a few months time. The girl told me that I could ring the credit management section (she gave me the number) during office hours Mon to Fri.

Am I not the customer here? Do I have to keep chasing Eircom to return my money?
    It's getting ridicolous :mad:

Hi Molzer2,

Apologies that the contact fee was not processed time for your last bill.

That has been rectified on Friday:

11/11/11 TRANSFER -352.47 CR -220.19 CR

I can guarantee the outstanding balance on the account is now - €220.19 CREDIT

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for that Mark,

I hope that's it finally sorted.

Thanks for that Mark,

I hope that's it finally sorted.

Hi Molzer2,

If you want to call 1901 and check through the automated service to call back the outstanding balance on the account.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Billy Zhang

Hi Mark,

I need your help please.The phone number is <removed> account number <removed>.i ring eircom for all the morning , Still no response to any of my proplems. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

I need your help please.The phone number is <removed> account number <removed>.i ring eircom for all the morning , Still no response to any of my proplems. Thanks.

Hi Billy Zhang,

I have escalated your issue and I will get back to you when I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement