Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankermann German PC site

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello, I'm hoping to buy a PC system off Ankermann.de at the end of November as their Prices are simply better than Irish/UK prices. I'm just wondering do they send the PC out to you with all the customisation all built or does it cost to actually have the system ready to use when it arrives in the Post. Is the system Pre-built even when you customise it more or do they send the system out to you built with all customisations etc. I'm asking this question because if you go on to their website, click on one of the pre-built PC's then click on configure and order you will have customisation options. Near the end where there's options to have a wireless card inbuilt into your PC their is also little builder man icons and I'm unsure as to whether this means you must pay for the system to be fully built or simply get it all in parts. I just want the system all customised and ready to go. I would be lost in building a PC. I'd really appreciate the help ! thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I dont mean to be rude but have you looked at hardwareversand.de

they will build it for 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as copper pipe says try hardwareversand, they are mentioned a lot in this forum
    Ankermann aren't as good as they used to be so be careful
    the only thing to know is that they don't take credit cards and only accept money transfer from your bank but are very reliable
    if you want a pc built they will do it for an extra €20 but if you go for an after market cpu cooler or a big graphics card they will not fit it as it may get damaged in transit

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Hey there OP. About 2 months ago I had built my spec on Ankermann and I thought jeez this is a great price. Until I went to Hardwareversand. I got a better machine with a solid state, better case and better GPU and still got it for less than ankermann. I made my order and gave them my hard earned monies and the machine arrived 8 days later built and has been running like a dream since. I would say go there mate to get a better price and overall machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

go to the link in my signature OP and copy it over to this thread, answering as many questions as possible. We'll be able to help you more from there. as said already, you can get cheaper and better than ankermann.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Is this the proper domain\site?

http://www.ankermann-edv.de/

Just a bit nervous, ankermann.de mentioned by the OP doesn't resolve to a site related to PC assembly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mk94

Yep that is the site and do Ankermann accept credit card or is it Hardwareversand that doesn't ? anyway as I said, I'm not interested in building a PC and I'm prepared to pay for a PC that is upgraded from Ankermann. What I'm trying to find out though is whether or not they send you the PC in pieces or do you have to pay them if you want it pre-built and ready to use when taken out of packaging ? Simply click on a PC on their website, then click configure and order and customisation options will come up, at the end of this list their is builder man icons that have a price of 89.99 beside them but have no info as to what they mean. I have tried to buy a normal gaming PC for 600-700 over here and I have had no luck so any feedback on Ankermann I would really appreciate because I'm going to give them a chance most likely !

Yes I have looked at Hardwareversand but it's all in German and I don't see where the option for building a PC to your liking is, It's between Ankermann and Hardwareversand at this stage, All i'm looking for is a normal gaming PC that is ready to use when taken out of package at a cheaper price than in Ireland/UK because they're rip offs over here ! Thank you all, any info on both sites would be much appreciated but I have taken into account you guys advice on Hardwareversand :)

If someone could give me a mock way of going about buying a PC and getting it built etc on hardwareversand I would really appreciate it. I have found the assembly icon and cost of 20 but there is other options such as software installation. Is the likes of software installation necessary ? Thank youse all !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mk94 wrote: »
    Yes I have looked at Hardwareversand but it's all in German and I don't see where the option for building a PC to your liking is
    If you look at the top right of the page, you'll see "Englilsh". Click it for the english translation. The "PC Configurator" link will bring you to the PC builder, and then click "to the individual configuration" to design your own system.

Then you're on your own. If, however, you follow Tea_Bags advice;
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    go to the link in my signature OP and copy it over to this thread, answering as many questions as possible.
    we may be able to advise you better as otherwise you may pick a bottleneck.

Sorry :P I don't know what Tea Bag is saying to me, can somebody explain to me how to follow his instructions, I'm totally new to this all !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mk94 wrote: »
    Sorry :P I don't know what Tea Bag is saying to me, can somebody explain to me how to follow his instructions, I'm totally new to this all !
    Ugh. Fill out the appropriate details;
    deconduo wrote: »
    If you want to ask about a new build, please include as much of the following information as possible in your thread:

1. What is your budget?
    [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

If you have a sample build yourself, use Fluffy's script to format it nicely.
    As for question "8", do you have internet banking? It's one way to pay for HWV.

1- Budget 0f 600-700 euro
    2- Gaming
    3- Yes
    4- No
    5- Yes
    6- An inbuilt wireless card for for wireless internet
    7- No
    8- Credit Card/Bank transfer
    9- End of November
    10- I wil use the option of them building it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Out of curiosity, why not into overclocking?

Not too accustomed to it, this will be my first gaming PC :) Just looking for a PC that will run all games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

Well €700 is quite a tight budget considering you need a copy of windows, a monitor, a wi-fi card and asembly service, but not impossible, heres a brilliant rig for any beginner whose not ready to overclock.
    it will run almost every game on max settings on the monitor i have included:

Total build cost: €641.85 + €30 shipping
    AMD Athlon II X3 455 "Boxed" 95W, Sockel AM3 €65.40
    Xigmatek Loki SD963 Heatpipe Cooler 92mm €14.80
    ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0, AM3+, ATX €67.31
    4GB-Kit Corsair DDR3 PC1600 C9 Classic €24.61
    XFX RADEON HD 6850 800M 1GB DDR5 DP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E XXX €128.98
    Seagate Barracuda Green 7200.12 750GB SATA 3 6GB/s €42.99
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA €15.98
    BitFenix Merc Alpha €33.56
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W €52.05
    ASUS PCE-N10 €17.87
    ASUS VW199D €72.41
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch €85.89
    Rechner - Zusammenbau €20.00

Thank you very much for this info! much appreciated, What is the bitfenix Merc Alpha though ? I'll definately work off this recommendation from you :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

That's your case. ;)

wow im an idiot thanks though lol

Advertisement