Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGA 775 Full ATX. Where to buy?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I think my brother just blew his motherboard. He accidently hooked up the USB headers to the motherboard incorrectly and attempted to boot. The power switch is lit, but nothing happens when he powers on. It must be the board because everything is plugged in correctly, and this problem happened immediately after he messed with the USB. He has a GA-965p-s3 which is a socket LGA 775. I’m looking around for a replacement but they seem to be slim on the ground. Everywhere I look (Ebay, Elara, Pixmania and Komplett) they are either not sold, or they only stock the Micro ATX. I guess these boards would fit, and wouldn’t be problems except these boards only have two RAM slots. Anybody know where to buy a fully fledged 775 board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

First, try remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard, give it 30secs and put it back in and try switch on, probably won't make a difference but what the hell!

As for where to get a 775 adverts.ie might have some second hand ones.
    In fact the P5Q deluxe is on adverts which is the same board I have, great board.
    See if the seller is interested in splitting his components.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    First, try remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard, give it 30secs and put it back in and try switch on, probably won't make a difference but what the hell!

As for where to get a 775 adverts.ie might have some second hand ones.
    In fact the P5Q deluxe is on adverts which is the same board I have, great board.
    See if the seller is interested in splitting his components.

Looks like a good board, my bro is making enquiries. We tried resetting the cmos but no joy. I tried my psu and it didn't boot. Hard to search adverts or ebay without searching for model numbers. If you or anybody else have any other motherboard recommendations for a core 2 quad with ddr 2 memory we would like to hear them. It doesn't have to be top of it's class, just an atx board that has good overclocking and plenty of ram/expansion slots. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I wouldn't know much about other 775 boards, just the one I have.
    I'll leave any other recommendations to the experts, best of luck! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

There's a few people selling P5Q-Ds on Adverts. They're good boards. They can be a little picky with memory, but I'd assume that's been fixed by now... Should give you a few more features than the Gigabyte board too. Dual LAN ports, Crossfire support, six SATA ports, etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/asus-p5q-deluxe-e-8500-4-giga-ram/1027333
    http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/asus-p5q-deluxe-intel-c2d-e4300-2x1gb-geil-pc2-6400/977570

There the two I found. Not all sellers will, but most are good when it comes to splitting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

you could try 680i or 750i.

a lot of the nVidia nForce MoBos are using socket 775 I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yup. 530i, 550i, 650i, 680i, 750i and 780i. The 790i is DDR3, so don't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 creativesystems

Hi i might have one in the office i'll have a look on Monday, i also have this one for sale on adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/pc-motherboard-new/1045964
    or if you need a new machine, im selling custom build computers for rock bottom prices, starting at 199.00 euro!

Conor
    Hi all. I think my brother just blew his motherboard. He accidently hooked up the USB headers to the motherboard incorrectly and attempted to boot. The power switch is lit, but nothing happens when he powers on. It must be the board because everything is plugged in correctly, and this problem happened immediately after he messed with the USB. He has a GA-965p-s3 which is a socket LGA 775. I’m looking around for a replacement but they seem to be slim on the ground. Everywhere I look (Ebay, Elara, Pixmania and Komplett) they are either not sold, or they only stock the Micro ATX. I guess these boards would fit, and wouldn’t be problems except these boards only have two RAM slots. Anybody know where to buy a fully fledged 775 board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/gaming-pc-everything-but-the-girl-psu/621623

here's one user selling his whole set. worth a shot asking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Thanks guys. I think he is looking at upgrading altogether so he probably won't buy an old board after all. Thanks for the chip set numbers, was the only way to get plenty of results on ebay.

Advertisement