Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stir Fry Sauce

Options
  • 18-10-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just looking for a couple of idea's for home made stir fry sauces.

Preferably healthy and not too heavy on cost...

I tend to pile the veg on and and just want a sauce that adds a bit of flavour...

Normally use chicken in my stir fries

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I've found these recipes pretty nice recently:

Chicken Chow Mein

Chilli Tiger Prawns

Asian Salmon Noodles

All are relatively low in calories and you can substitute the vegetables in each for whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Make sure to add some matchstick sized fresh ginger and a roughly chopped clove or two of garlic, a small handful of chopped chilli, and when cooking is nearly finished lash in some Soy Sauce, the flavours there are very good, and compliment stir fried veg very well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Blend up Ginger, garlic , onion and chilli with a tiny bit of water and you have a decent base for a sauce.

You can play with that by adding sweet chilli sauce, rice wine etc.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Rice wine (~€10 for 750ml) or dry sherry and soy sauce. Added late in the stir frying.
    Of course fresh garlic and ginger too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I tend to mix coriander, cumin and soy sauce for my stir fries- sometimes with a diced red chilli for a bit of heat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement