Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

closamectin 4 in 1 injection- fancy packaging

• 19-10-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

Anyone used the Closamectin injection for Fluke,Worms and external parasites .... same active ingredients as the pour on only alot cheaper but you have to give 4ml per 100kg under the skin either side of the neck and no more than 10ml per injection site

Trick is though it has to be injected at animal body temperature so 500ml comes with an instant heat pack built into the packaging, click the switch 15 mins before use.. like a little science lesson watching it heat up.. i was impressed anyway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Bodacious wrote: »
    Anyone used the Closamectin injection for Fluke,Worms and external parasites .... same active ingredients as the pour on only alot cheaper but you have to give 4ml per 100kg under the skin either side of the neck and no more than 10ml per injection site

Trick is though it has to be injected at animal body temperature so 500ml comes with an instant heat pack built into the packaging, click the switch 15 mins before use.. like a little science lesson watching it heat up.. i was impressed anyway

ya thought it was apain in the ass of a thing unless you are finishing all your dosing in one go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

ya thought it was apain in the ass of a thing unless you are finishing all your dosing in one go

That's the thing, I've used the heat pack now so it'll be warm water now the next batch. How did you get the heat pack out of the plastic container did you pour in warm water around it to make it more soft/flexible or did you cut the container ?

Much cheaper though if it's as good as they say?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

That's the thing, I've used the heat pack now so it'll be warm water now the next batch. How did you get the heat pack out of the plastic container did you pour in warm water around it to make it more soft/flexible or did you cut the container ?

hmm its been a while now I dont rightly remember except that i thought it was a pain, probably hot water. Im a bit dubious about the stuff to be honest, well more the pouron to be honest, I just used that levalas diamond this year

hmm its been a while now I dont rightly remember except that i thought it was a pain, probably hot water. Im a bit dubious about the stuff to be honest, well more the pouron to be honest, I just used that levalas diamond this year

pour on is handy but I couldn't justify the closamectin pour on costwise so tried the injection instead for this turn, I always vary it anyway between oral drench, injection etc

I think lads are using the closamectin sparingly( below recommended 60ml per 600kg cow) too as it's so expensive which is dangerous territory to be getting into

pour on is handy but I couldn't justify the closamectin pour on costwise so tried the injection instead for this turn, I always vary it anyway between oral drench, injection etc

I think lads are using the closamectin sparingly( below recommended 60ml per 600kg cow) too as it's so expensive which is dangerous territory to be getting into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

The trick is to take the heat pack out while still warm.
    Then, according to the rep, putting the heat pack in hot water should reactivate it. You can then put the heat pack and bottle back in the red plastic and click the metal to reheat.

I have only managed the first bit-separating the heat pack.

Very handy with the automatic syringe but will work cold with a normal syringe and needle.

Very cost effective if bait of a pain!

Advertisement