Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.5TB Core2 Desk HDD only £59.16 Maplin Electronics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭iknorr

You must be joking right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

iknorr wrote: »
    well, it IS cheap for Maplins. actually, its like they're giving them away compared to their normal prices. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Same one is about the same price (if you're inc. del) €62.92 from MemoryC in Celbridge, free pick up or + €5.75 for post or courier delivery.

Still no bargain....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

iknorr wrote: »

joking good or joking bad - not very helpful post.

mjquinno wrote: »
    joking good or joking bad - not very helpful post.

Just like yours....

but i bet anyone reading the OPs post would take a second look after seeing my post.

EDIT. also whats this core2 about? Trying to fool people or something?

I would be sticking with something here at normal price they seem to be some better deals.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_scat_429884031_ln?rh=n%3A429884031%2Ck%3A1.5tb%2Cp_76%3A1-&keywords=1.5tb&ie=UTF8&qid=1319015218&scn=429884031

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Do-more wrote: »
    Same one is about the same price (if you're inc. del) €62.92 from MemoryC in Celbridge, free pick up or + €5.75 for post or courier delivery.

MemoryC have a free delivery option atm, and here's a discount code from another thread...
    Enderman wrote: »
    7.5% off everything at memoryc.ie with the code P66GHY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Op with a title like that i half expected to see a link to a desktop machine in here. Very misleading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

ok....

i suppose what i meant by the post is that people should not be berated for posting about possible Bargain Alerts. Even if its not the cheapest price available - It at least starts a conversation about the product and where to source it elsewhere.

It also stops people posting in the future,

Just my 2c.

OP thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭owen28

Is the real deal I think and is not a joke. Looks like a great deal if you ask me. I wont buy it as have 1tb drive already. And as for the Core thing thats the name of drive as far as I know.

mjquinno wrote: »
    ok....

i suppose what i meant by the post is that people should not be berated for posting about possible Bargain Alerts. Even if its not the cheapest price available - It at least starts a conversation about the product and where to source it elsewhere.

It also stops people posting in the future,

Just my 2c.

OP thanks for the link.

Agreed but tis slightly misleading.

Anyhoo....

Core as far as i know Core, or (CN) is some german company... Core2 came from Usb 2.0 .
    2 year warrenty on that drive.

just a mix up id imagine, cos theres nothing called core2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭owen28

The price of hard drives have come down considerably in the last while. Any drive 1TB or more would have been in excess of €100 previously.

I understand that there may be cheaper deals out there but you cannot expect anyone to know all the prices being asked. :)

Advertisement