Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in christchurch

Options
  • 19-10-2011 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm currently living in canada but am going back to Ireland for two weeks on the 13th November then leaving for Christchurch on the 29th. I arrive on the 1st of December and start work on the 5th so I haven't really left myself a lot of time to get set up. I was wondering which areas of the suburbs were least effected by the earthquake.
    My parents were actually there when it happened and were stranded in a red cross center until a kiwi couple took them in. I am staying with this couple for a few days when I arrive but would like to be someway organised before I get there. I know that the center is still closed off and my parents told me about the major problems with liquefaction in the south east suburbs by the river but I was looking at the likes of Riccarton and Hoon Hay, just wondering if anyone knows how they held up. Thanks.

Advertisement