Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Thomas St.

Options
  • 19-10-2011 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any free daytime places to park around Thomas St. (closest to Vicar St. area would be best)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There is parking on Marrowbone Lane - I think it might be free. Outside the flats, which are on your left, if you're driving from Thomas Court towards Cork St. And also outide the DCC drainage building, a bit further along the road also on the left, there are some parking spaces. I've never noticed Pay and Display signs at either of those spots. It'd prob be best to take a drive down that way and double check. Also, I think outside some of the houses and flats on Pimlico there is parking which isn't Pay and Display.

I cycle that way every day and have never noticed the P&D signs at these spots. But, to be honest, I've never looked for them.

Edit: Had a quick look on Google Street view there and I don't see P&D signs. Maybe have a look yourself to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

You could park in the Guinness Storehouse car park in Crane Street, it's supposed to be for Storehouse visitors but you're visiting ;), there's no charge, directions - from Thomas Street go up Thomas Court (beside St. Catherines church), take the first right on to School Street and then right in to Crane Street, the car park is immediately on your right.

Advertisement