Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates Opening for no Reason

Options
  • 19-10-2011 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have Electric Gates that open for no reason a few times a day. I have got the supplier out on a number of times to fix this problem but with no success. I have checked to see if any of my neightbours Electric Gates activity could be the problem, but generally they are all closed. I have small kids who love to play outside and i live on a very busy road.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Do you use a zapper (Remote control) to open them or are they on a switch? If its a zapper perhaps a neighbour has a zapper that is opening them?? Or it might not be a zapper for gates but a zapper for something else that is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

If you have the mat/pad in the ground for the gates to open automatically when driving up to them, it is possible for a bicycle or another steel children's toy to interfere with the magnetic field and open the gates. I've seen this happen. Used to happen in a car park at work before where the barrier would open upon sensing steel from a safety boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

KevCol14 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have Electric Gates that open for no reason a few times a day. I have got the supplier out on a number of times to fix this problem but with no success. I have checked to see if any of my neightbours Electric Gates activity could be the problem, but generally they are all closed. I have small kids who love to play outside and i live on a very busy road.

Any ideas?
    re very busy road.

I had this problem with a taxi radio....

Advertisement