Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more rag week

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Euskadi1888

zarquon wrote: »
    Because you were just minding your own business, being a peaceful angel and the mean gardai came out of no where and smashed all your possesions on the ground?
    I've explained to you exactly what happened in one of the situations. If you can come up with no reasonable explanation for their behaviour other than "you must be lying" or "there must be more to the story" then that says it all really.
    Hmmm...you also say there is a history of altercations with the guards.
    No, no I don't. In fact, I say the complete opposite. Do keep up.
    Seems to me you have an atitude problem that gets you in trouble with them
    Explain how an attitude problem could have brought on any of the situations I described. As I have quite clearly stated (maybe not clearly enough for somebody like yourself) I was not causing any disturbance or being antisocial in anyway (if I was, I wouldn't see any problem with them intervening). Was I walking in a manner they did not like or something?
    and the tone in your posts verifies this
    Rest assured, I interact with Gardai in a different manner to mongs on a forum.
    Instead of blaming the gardai for doing their job
    I believe the situations I detailed are outside their remit, or at the very least their behaviour was excessive.
    how about you think long and hard about why you have so many run-ins with them.
    That won't be necessary, as there have no been many. Do you notice how you keep talking about my lengthy wrap-sheet, which doesn't exist, instead of trying to justify the behaviour of the guards?
    Of course i now expect you to lash out against me too like you do with the Gardai thus proving my point.
    Please provide one iota of evidence of me "lashing out against the Gardai", or risk looking like an absolute tool with your ridiculous accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Bazzy wrote: »
    get the chip off your shoulder.

The amount of people in race week v students.

I work all over the city and the only complaint I would have about race week was in my eyes and I could be wrong underage drinking obviously as you get older the kids look younger so maybe some of them where of age and i'm getting old

rag week I had several students challenge me to get out of my van for a fight I had flagons of cider thrown at me.

I had one student attempt to spray me with pi$$ from a water pistol

This is not normal behavior because every other day i'm working that doesn't happen full stop

So you can call it what you want but of its an excuse to go acting like animals it should be banned altogether

If there that concerned about raising money for charity all the students should go dry for a week and donate all the money they would have drank to charity ...... Cant see that happening

That sounds like RAG week in recent years alright. It used to be about getting drunk early, going to a nightclub, then home about 6/7 to get ready for going out that night.

In the past 2/3 years it seems to be about destroying things and tormenting anyone who isn't a student...

Horrible, horrible week but I enjoy nothing more than taking the piss out of students who are being d**kheads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I've explained to you exactly what happened in one of the situations. If you can come up with no reasonable explanation for their behaviour other than "you must be lying" or "there must be more to the story" then that says it all really.

No, no I don't. In fact, I say the complete opposite. Do keep up.

Explain how an attitude problem could have brought on any of the situations I described. As I have quite clearly stated (maybe not clearly enough for somebody like yourself) I was not causing any disturbance or being antisocial in anyway (if I was, I wouldn't see any problem with them intervening). Was I walking in a manner they did not like or something?

I believe the situations I detailed are outside their remit, or at the very least their behaviour was excessive.

That won't be necessary, as there have no been many. Do you notice how you keep talking about my lengthy wrap-sheet, which doesn't exist, instead of trying to justify the behaviour of the guards?

Please provide one iota of evidence of me "lashing out against the Gardai", or risk looking like an absolute tool with your ridiculous accusations.

Thank you, point proved as expected. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Euskadi1888 has been permbanned from the forum as a persistent re-reg.

Euskadi1888, you don't seem to get it. Most people could agree that most students behave themselves most of the time. However, during rag week things get insane. Normal people with jobs & families were having their lives disrupted by loud, obnoxious & in some cases, downright dangerous behaviour.

This has been cropping up as an issue for several years, every time it gets out of hand. The last nail has finally been put in the coffin of rag week due to vandlous (burning bins etc) behaviour, drunken intimidation (personally expierenced this myself) etc.

Whether or not you are a good boy is not in question. Simple fact is nobody cares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

mongs, eh? Coming from Ricky Gervais it was controversial and even slightly amusing for a bit. Coming from an kid throwing a tantrum it's amusing but in a different way :rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Because you clearly don't have a massive problem with students, right :rolleyes:

I've never been 'in trouble' with the Guards, the only times I've had the displeasure of having to deal with them is when they've physically and verbally assaulted me for crimes such as walking into town drinking a can, not causing any noise or disturbance to anyone, walking from a taxi at the side of the road into my friends house carrying some drink (not drinking it), and walking along the street with a bottle of alcohol closed, in a plastic bag.

I don't blame them in a way, if I had the sort of mentality it takes to want to be a Garda, I'd also relish Rag Week and the opportunity to treat students however I want because at the end of the day, they're students and couldn't possibly be in the right, right!

I have no problem with students whatsoever i'm fairly easy going live and let live ,

But if someone is affecting me doing my work or wants to cover me in piss I wont accept it be them student farmer man woman or child.

I've been living in galway for the past 2 years and to be honest any nights I've been out I have never seen the need for the guards anywhere (not saying they don't be busy but i've never seen it) yet there all over the place on rag week what does that tell you?

I dont believe for a minute they smashed a bottle of yours into the ground for a second but if thats what you want to say so be it.

Your fighting a losing battle here. i'd go back to studying or whatever you students do for fun nowadays

Advertisement