Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes Match Ireland

• 19-10-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just noticed that their is now an iTunes Match section in the iTunes store saying coming soon. So hopefully we get it at the same time as the rest of the world.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That'd be awesome! It'll be a great service to have. Time will tell I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple already have music deals in place with all the European record companies, so it shouldn't take too long to get here. Hopefully early next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

'next year is not soon.
    I contacted them by phone and they said is would be "very soon".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What's iTunes match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

What's iTunes match?

You send the details of your iTunes library to Apple and they match everything you have with official iTunes versions. Regardless of how you obtained the music it is tied to your account just as if you purchased it. You pay a flat annual sub for the service. $25 in the US.

For many people it will serve as a sort of piracy amnesty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

They seem to have enabled the ability to re-download any music you previously purchased but no longer have stored in your library. Up to now it's just been Books and Apps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iTunes Match has disappeared from sidebar of the Irish iTunes Store now anyway. It was probably just a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sfag31 wrote: »
    'next year is not soon.
    I contacted them by phone and they said is would be "very soon".
    In other words they don't know any more than whats on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

I signed up for match today but when it gets to add this computer an error appears and tells me to sign out and in again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I seen that Apple may have pre-maturely released iTunes Match to Europe and that could be why you can't sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

iTunes Match is now active in the Irish iTunes store. Matching my music as I type. :)

Cool! I didn't think we'd get this for ages. I guess it didn't take long to negotiate as Apple already have deals in place with all the various record companies in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Cool! I didn't think we'd get this for ages. I guess it didn't take long to negotiate as Apple already have deals in place with all the various record companies in Europe.
    Looks like they've pulled it.., must have been an error :(

Still there for me. It should be in the sidebar on the home page of the iTunes Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Still there for me. It should be in the sidebar on the home page of the iTunes Store.

Me too.

Re the T&Cs, anyone a bit concerned with matching their "friend of a friend" tunes ?

long_b wrote: »
    Me too.

Re the T&Cs, anyone a bit concerned with matching their "friend of a friend" tunes ?
    There's no reason to be. There is something in the T&Cs about you only using the service for legally acquired tracks or else being open to copyright infringement, criminal charges, blah blah blah, but that's just Apple covering themselves. For Apple this service is just another way for them to lock you into their ecosystem. And for the record labels, well, they are getting paid for tracks you either pirated or paid for already (in which case they are getting paid again). It's a win-win situation for them. They know full well that most people probably have pirated tracks on their machine. iTunes Match is way for them to get some of that money back, so it's not in their interest to go breaking your door down tomorrow. Not that a MP3 file is really going to tell them much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Mine actually just popped up in my iTunes sidebar. I never had to enter the itunes store.

I lost my hard drive twice. My Music was my biggest loss. Ripping all my cd's again was a crap. That will never happen again. Yahoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Can you use laser card with iTunes? Found an FAQ on the iTunes site that says they accept laser in Ireland. But when I try adding a new card to my account it doesn't list laser as a choice. Although I am trying to do it via my iPhone. Maybe works on a pc?

EDIT: done some more research and found out the apple web store accepts laser, but iTunes store does not. Retarded.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Seems to work pretty well, my advice to anyone about to start using it is to clean up iTunes first, I have quite a lot of duplicates around the place that I've just unchecked so they are hidden from my devices. Match is offering me all the duplicates now on my devices so it's a bit of a mess. My own fault really...q

It looks like tidying them up is going to be a nightmare now they they are in the cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

copacetic wrote: »
    Seems to work pretty well, my advice to anyone about to start using it is to clean up iTunes first, I have quite a lot of duplicates around the place that I've just unchecked so they are hidden from my devices. Match is offering me all the duplicates now on my devices so it's a bit of a mess. My own fault really...q

It looks like tidying them up is going to be a nightmare now they they are in the cloud.

It live for Ireland now?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yep. A few people above also signed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

Matching my library now, seems to be working fine :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

All working and done my side...Excellent

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Excellent, I've wanted this as soon as it was announced. Just need to buy a new iTunes gift card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Excellent, I've wanted this as soon as it was announced. Just need to buy a new iTunes gift card.

you may need a credit card as it's a yearly subscription service... i tried to do it on launch in US with gift card but couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ripped a ton of CDs 10 years ago at 128kbps. Can't wait to clean that stuff up!
    So its £21.99 - how much in Euros?

24.99 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Mr E wrote: »
    Ripped a ton of CDs 10 years ago at 128kbps. Can't wait to clean that stuff up!
    So its £21.99 - how much in Euros?

€24.99

I have a credit card but I prefer to use gift cards, hopefully I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Its a great idea, love my music but can't have it all on my 16GB.

The only problem I seem to see is that all music is listed in the music app, offline and online - so considering how big my music collection in iTunes - will it not take forever to find the stuff I already have on my iPhone??? Is there a separate tab for offline and online??

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you mean. You can only download from iTunes Match, not stream.

Advertisement