Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes Match Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cyrusmekon

Hi guys. Found an excellent article on how to create a smart playlist that will sort out the low bit rate tunes and download higher nitrate from the cloud.

Smart playlist linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Unfortunately I have to say I'm finding iTunes Match fairly buggy - on my iPhone anyway. I got my library of about 20000 songs uploaded/matched but I found the Music app painfully slow afterwards regardless of whether or not I was viewing all albums or just the ones on the device. Albums and artists disappeared then reappeared and the whole experience was pretty disappointing. I tried restoring, disabling/reenabling iTunes Match but things haven't improved at all.

On the desktop side of things, it seems to work ok. It messed my album art up a bit but I was able to fix that easily enough. It's early days I suppose so I'm hoping it will improve. In theory, it's great but it almost seems like a beta rather than the "it just works" product I've come to expect from Apple.

I'm hoping iOS 5.0.2 will change things for the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

It's annoying how it can miss some songs in an albums. yet get the rest. Is the anyway to try and force it for individual songs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's annoying how it can miss some songs in an albums. yet get the rest. Is the anyway to try and force it for individual songs?

The best way, I have found, is to right click on the track that won't upload and select to convert it to AAC. It should upload then no problem.

I have a library of approx 9200 songs. It matched around two thirds, uploaded the Maronite of tracks, with around 300 not uploading. Converting them to AAC sorted it out.

adox wrote: »
    The best way, I have found, is to right click on the track that won't upload and select to convert it to AAC. It should upload then no problem.

I have a library of approx 9200 songs. It matched around two thirds, uploaded the Maronite of tracks, with around 300 not uploading. Converting them to AAC sorted it out.

Yeh I just tried this. Did not work for me.I think it may have something to do with the fact there VBR. First time it even made things worse.

I converted to AAC
    Deleted MP3 versions. And from the iCloud.
    Right clicked AAC, add to iCloud.
    It made things worse by not uploading all of them. Some said even had removed from iCloud.
    Tried again, there status is now for all of them uploaded to iCloud

OOPS Looks like AC/DC are not in iTunes. So it will never work for them (o:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Little question here that the Brain Trust may be able to assist with:

I've signed up for iTunes Match, and have all my iTunes library now in teh Cloud ready to be synced up to my iPhone at the higher bit rate so I'm very happy with how it's gone so far, but it's the next step that's causing me a few difficulties.

I've enabled iTunes Match on my iPhone, yet when I sync my phone with my Macbook (both wirelessly & with cable) it won't replace the songs that were already uploaded to the phone with the higher bit rate versions and won't show the cloud icon beside each song name or artist name, despite them sitting there in my macbook library ans showing as being "in the cloud'.

Is there something glaringly obvious that I'm not doing that I should be doing?!!

Many thanks!

Rook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

OOPS Looks like AC/DC are not in iTunes. So it will never work for them (o:

I have loads of AC/DC and although not on iTunes, it should still upload them in their current format to the cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does signing up to Match allow you to access the other subscription iCloud stuff?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

grizzly wrote: »
    Does signing up to Match allow you to access the other subscription iCloud stuff?

There isn't any. iCloud is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Oh, I thought certain functions, like email backup were charged for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure what you mean by email backup. The basic iCloud service is free and includes an @me email address. You can pay for extra storage if you wish, but there's really no need since iCloud is only for syncing data not files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

This probably won't apply to a lot of people but I downloaded something on my iPhone that was a purchased file from my wife's apple ID , there was a warning before I did it but continued by accident before realising. I am now locked out of iTunes match on my device with my apple ID for 90 days. Ouchy

Yeah, downloading previous purchases locks the device to that Apple ID for 90 days. You should have just used Home Sharing. You can share most things with family members this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Yeah, downloading previous purchases locks the device to that Apple ID for 90 days. You should have just used Home Sharing. You can share most things with family members this way.

i know!!!!

not easy when you have a 3 year old who wants to watch dora the explorer her NOW on daddy's iPhone.

How do I disable genius? I don't seem to have a disable button.

It seems to be turned on since I subscribed to match. Or do you have to have it with iTunes match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

in iTunes

Toolbar ===> Store===> Turn Off Genius

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

in iTunes

That's the thing. It's not there. I disabled it ages ago. it's seems to have turned itself on with iTunes match. It's a pain, sometimes when I sync it starts updating 2000 songs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 macbook.dan

in iTunes

That's the thing. It's not there. I disabled it ages ago. it's seems to have turned itself on with iTunes match. It's a pain, sometimes when I sync it starts updating 2000 songs etc.

As far as I know you can't turn off genius when you have iTunes Match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andrew6131

Now that the dust has settled, how are you guys finding iTunes match? I'm thinking of taking the plunge soon myself.

Ah it's grand. It's handy. I use it for backup, on the iPad, and on my apple tv. Which it is great. I don't use it on my iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

I think it's well worth €25, which covers my laptop, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. I get all my music on the Apple TV all the time now whereas before I needed to have my laptop on and iTunes open to have my music on the tv. The only slight niggle is it doesn't seem to be great at matching album covers. Some of mine are blank or wrong. Other than that I can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jay1912

Hi All

anyone having any issues with album artwork

all my itunes on pc has artwork - then ipad is missing some - then my iphone is missing even more

all trough Itunes Match

appreciate any advice

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Happens on my Mac all the time, but not on my iOS devices. It's actually pretty reliable on them.

Do you have more than one Apple ID? Do you use another one, say for the US store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Cant say Ive noticed that issue on any of my iPhone/iPad/Mac and I've been using Match since it launched here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I sometimes have to sign out an sign in again on my pc's, but never had a problem on my iPhone/iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

iTunes match was switched off once last week on my iPhone. Hasn't happened since

Overall I really like iTunes Match for being able to have access to my whole music library on my phone.

On the people having problems with artwork not transferring on iTunes Match, try using a lower size artwork graphic on an album. That worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It kept happening on my 5, which was a pain in the hole as it then deleted all my music when I turned it back on.

I've since let my subscription lapse and won't be looking to renew it until they improve the service.

• Advertisement

Do you subscribe to iTunes Match with your Irish or US account? If you are switching between iTunes stores or syncing with iTunes while it's logged into a different account that could be causing the problem.

Advertisement