Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation on DG windows

• 19-10-2011 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I know this has been posted before, I have read other threads but I cannot seem to find the answer.

My house was built about 1997. I have double glazed windows. I have a vent in the wall adjacent to window. The bedroom door is left slightly open at night.

Every morning when I wake up I have to get a towel and dry off the excessive amount of condensation from all the upstairs windows - even from rooms that nobody has slept in. The blinds are going black from mould. The corners of the walls that meet the windows are turning black with mould.

What can I do? What is causing this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

I know this has been posted before, I have read other threads but I cannot seem to find the answer.

My house was built about 1997. I have double glazed windows. I have a vent in the wall adjacent to window. The bedroom door is left slightly open at night.

Every morning when I wake up I have to get a towel and dry off the excessive amount of condensation from all the upstairs windows - even from rooms that nobody has slept in. The blinds are going black from mould. The corners of the walls that meet the windows are turning black with mould.

What can I do? What is causing this problem?

Have a read of this thread and revert with answers to the issues raised by MM
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056423813

Advertisement