If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bostin Acoustics Sub Woofer problem

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Hi I am having trouble with my Sub Woofer it keeps clicking like its turning it self on and off is this normal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hoot.

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear that you may be having problems.

The sub will turn itself on and off if it's set at the auto switch and if there is a signal going to the sub which then stops. The auto mode is designed to save power by powering on the sub when needed but powering off when not.

Is the sub going on and off while the signal is going to it, ie while the receiver is on and sound is coming from it?

Keep me posted and I'm sure we can get you sorted.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yes when the signal is sent I think.And only when it is on.

So do you think the sub is turning on and off while the signal is going to the sub and the sub is turned on ?

If this is the case, then it definately has a fault.

The sub should stay on while there is a signal going to it.

If you are certain that this is the case, then we need to get it looked at it for you.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

Will I bring it in to the Phililips shop then

HI Hootanany.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes please drop the sub into the Philips Shop and include a little description of the fault along with it.

The Philips shop is closed today 23.10.11 and will reopen tomorrow as normal.

Once the sub is dropped in let us know and we will have it brought to us for investigation/repair.

Any further questions just give me a shout :)

• Advertisement

Thanks will drop it in tomorrow. Will they wrap it up for me.

Yeah they will wrap it up for you.

However if you use your own packaging then please make sure that it is suitable for transport.

Hi Dave any update on the Woofer.

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hootanany

I have just had a chat with the lads in Richer - they have received your Boston sub and should have an update to report back to you with soon.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Thanks

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

I have this same issue Hoot.

Mine tends to switch off when there is hardly any bass coming from what I am watching. If the volume is too low on the AV receiver the sub does not pick up on the signal and thus turns off.

But mine clicks twice on and off

Bump again:confused::(

This is really dragging out can someone please tell me whats going on .:(

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hootanany wrote: »
    This is really dragging out can someone please tell me whats going on .:(

Hoot,

apologies - I understood that the guys called you earlier in the week - it's (finally) back in-store now and we will get it either back into The Philips Shop or to hootanany towers at some stage over the weekend ( We will give you a shout over the weekend to arrange...)

Apologies again for the delay..

ATVB,

John Mc..

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Just got it back today sill clicking but not as bad not very happy camper can someone get back to me ASAP:mad:

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Hootanany.

:(:(:(

We will call you within the next 10mins!!

Watching Tv for 1 hour its clicked 4 times can you call me to get this sorted please

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hoot,

I discussed this with Ciarán on Sunday and understood that he had called you and possibly traced the issue to a receiver setting - I'll get back on the case with him in the morning and revert..

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Hootanay.

Tried to call you this morning so we can get this sorted for you. I have checked what work was carried out on the sub and the whole amp in the sub was replaced. I have a few questions so we can try and diagnose the root of your problems.

What time would suit you for me to give you a call?

Av guys called this evening checked all connections all working the woofer is clicking more now than it did before can we please get this sorted ASAP have been very paitent

Hi Hootanany.

Thanks for the post.

We can appreciate that you have been very patient. We have sent the sub away for testing and the service guys could not find a fault. We tested it here and could not find a fault.

We will give you a call shortly to discuss the options as we suspect that it's something local to your system.

Regards

Dave

Hi Hoot.

You'll have 2 missed call from me. The nice telephone lady is telling me that the number that I have for you cannot be reached at this time.

If you want to give me a call on 0044 333 900 0070 or maybe drop me a daytime number where I can contact you. The current number I have for you ends in 390.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Hoot.

You'll have 2 missed call from me. The nice telephone lady is telling me that the number that I have for you cannot be reached at this time.

If you want to give me a call on 0044 333 900 0070 or maybe drop me a daytime number where I can contact you. The current number I have for you ends in 390.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    Yes that is the number its on all the time but I dont answer Blocked calls if you can show the number that would be great.

Tha AV guys said the settings on the amp were correct.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Hi Hoot.

Playing catchup, so sorry for the late post.

I would suggest that if you are certain that the settings are correct and that there is nothing else that is wrong at your side, then I feel the only option that we have is to refund it.

The only issue that I have with this is that I cannot be certain that if you were to go for any other sub, that you won't have the same problem as we can't find a fault with this one.

The number that we call from does come up as a blocked number so if you give us a call on 04890 321332, we'll get your card details and arrange a collection for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Hoot.

I would suggest that if you are certain that the settings are correct and that there is nothing else that is wrong at your side, then I feel the only option that we have is to refund it.

The only issue that I have with this is that I cannot be certain that if you were to go for any other sub, that you won't have the same problem as we can't find a fault with this one.

The number that we call from does come up as a blocked number so if you give us a call on 04890 321332, we'll get your card details and arrange a collection for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    Not looking for a refund I bought amp and 5.1 system of you just looking for one that works with no issues please call

Hi Hoot.

I have asked our techie head Matt to give you a call.

He will check a few settings with you, but we would need you to be at the equipment.

When is a good time to call ?

Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hi Hoot.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    Not looking for a refund I bought amp and 5.1 system of you just looking for one that works with no issues please call

Just noticed the light at the back of the woofer turns red and then green when it clicks . Do you not have any Techy guys that can sort this out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.