If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bostin Acoustics Sub Woofer problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hoot.

Did Matt get you sorted ?

Thanks

Dave
    Hootanany wrote: »
    Just noticed the light at the back of the woofer turns red and then green when it clicks . Do you not have any Techy guys that can sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hi Dave
    Matt was on the phone yesterday done a bit of tweaking but sadly it still clicking, Matt was going to phone some guy in Germany today to see if it can be resolved. Just waiting for his call.

Hi Hoot.

Playing catchup, so sorry for the late post.

I would suggest that if you are certain that the settings are correct and that there is nothing else that is wrong at your side, then I feel the only option that we have is to refund it.

The only issue that I have with this is that I cannot be certain that if you were to go for any other sub, that you won't have the same problem as we can't find a fault with this one.

The number that we call from does come up as a blocked number so if you give us a call on 04890 321332, we'll get your card details and arrange a collection for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    Not looking for a refund I bought amp and 5.1 system of you just looking for one that works with no issues please call

Just noticed the light at the back of the woofer turns red and then green when it clicks . Do you not have any Techy guys that can sort this out.

Lads still waiting

Hi Hoot.

Playing catchup, so sorry for the late post.

I would suggest that if you are certain that the settings are correct and that there is nothing else that is wrong at your side, then I feel the only option that we have is to refund it.

The only issue that I have with this is that I cannot be certain that if you were to go for any other sub, that you won't have the same problem as we can't find a fault with this one.

The number that we call from does come up as a blocked number so if you give us a call on 04890 321332, we'll get your card details and arrange a collection for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    Not looking for a refund I bought amp and 5.1 system of you just looking for one that works with no issues please call

Lads still waiting

Watching a movie clicking big time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Hootanany,

I appreciate that you have been trying to get this issue resolved for some time, but I thought I should let you know that Richersounds is closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (see website here http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/display_one_links_list.asp?ObjectID=310&RecordID=107 ).

I'm not sure whether the guys will be working "behind the scenes" tomorrow, possibly not, and consequently your post may not be seen until December 26th at the earliest.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Sorry Just really annoyed wont post for a while.

Hi there.

We have tried calling you several times, but as our phone provider does not pass on our number, the call has not been answered.

Unfortunately the person that Matt was trying to get to speak to is on holiday from the 23rd December to the 4th of January. I don't seel that a conversation with him is likely to reveal anything new as it was this person who had tested your subwoofer in Boston.

They have tested your sub woofer at Boston, we have tested it here. Matt spent quite some time on the phone with you to try and get to the bottom of the issue as we cannot find a fault with the subwoofer and we feel that there is an issue locally that is causing this.

I feel that the only resolution to this is to refund the unit as we are unable to troubleshoot this any further than we have done already. I know the unit is 5 months old, but we will provide a full refund of the amount paid.

If you would like to arrange this, please call us on 0044 333 900 0070 and we will organise a full refund for you. The speaker pack can be left at the Philips shop on Dame street.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    The amp and woofer has been in Craigavon Tv for the last 3 weeks.
    Got it back last Friday connected it back up and exactly the same issue can you please resolve this please.

Hi Hoot.

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues.

I have spoken to Craigavon this morning as we were totally unaware that the issue still remained until you posted here. I would always advise a phone call to either us or Craigavon as it's likely to get a faster response than a post. When a repair agent collects an item directly from a customer, the communications usually happen between them and the customer directly.

The response that I got from Craigavon was that they had found a fault with the receiver and had made a repair to the receiver. This was then tested with your sub and they were confident that the fault had been rectified as it was thoroughly tested before they returned it to you.

They have asked me to ask you to call them directly and quote the reference 38904 and they will discuss the repair with you directly as I do have any information as to what they actually repaired.

Their phone number is 0044 28 38 326119.

Let me know what the resolution is with Craigavon and I'm always at the end of the phone if you prefer to call. 0044 333 900 0071.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.