Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where too go in oz

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi guys!! right where too start.......... i am booking my ticket too oz in 6 weeks and still have no idea where to go!!! i am a qualified accounting technician and my boyfriend is a blocklayer!! im thinking sydney, brisbane or melbourne but i really dont hav enough info too decide!! i know sydney is very expensive are the others and wht is the average rent for two people!! does anyone no roughly how long it will take too find a job?? do i book a hostel before i go if so for how long?? ive so many questons and im really starting too worry now even do im not travelling till may!! im not too picky about what i work at i have worked in bars, offices etc before so am more worried about him finding construcion work and where too go for this!! ( also how much money do people bring?im going on a whv and know i need 5000 dollars but do people bring this much or will i need more) any help would be greatly appreciated i know ive asked alot but i just dont know!!! thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I personally havent found sydney to be that dear, Just stay away from them feckin convience stores everywhere, Christ but they kill you, Hostel im in is 25 a night but im here longterm rather than nights, stay away from central hostel if you come here rip off and worst hostel ive been in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Can i ask what age you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xxxamyxxx

thanks i will read it!!! and im 22!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

id stay in Bounce, or wake up hostel.

or splash out in yha,*all sydney
    Cant say how fast you'l find work.

but i can say you mightened get what you intend to get.

sometimes you have to settle for whats given,

but it does broaden your aspect in life...

Id head to sydney, if your not traveling first that is?

then from there go to melbourne for jobs,*urban central hostel

Brissy isnt as big as either so work could be harder in what you want that is.*base or yha..or flying duck or somethin?

you WILL get a job.
    and WILL get an apartment

And, enjoy every minute!!

ps.. im home 11 days and counting. haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 xxxamyxxx

ha well thanks for that!! i can'twait to go its just im a real worrier!! i am not one bit fussy about what i work at as long as i get a job!! my boyfriend however would really prefer something in the building industry!! would that be possible in sydney. all going well im hoping too get my 2nd year visa and stay on?? seen as your coming home in 11 days you will be just in time for the snow :) ps thanks for all d info guys its really helping me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

he'l get a building job . yes!

bet you cant wait for the builders tan!!

and nah..im home.

came home 11 days ago.

culture shock!!

Advertisement