Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coconut Creams?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I remember years ago eating these biscuits. I can only describe them as 'Custard Creams' but with a coconut flavor. They were delicious. Can anyone remember the name of them?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭SleepAtNight

So not the marshmallow Coconut Creams that Jacobs do? And I have to say are the worst out of the Kimberly, Mickado and CC threesome. A coconut version of the custard cream on the other hand does sound savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

So not the marshmallow Coconut Creams that Jacobs do? And I have to say are the worst out of the Kimberly, Mickado and CC threesome. A coconut version of the custard cream on the other hand does sound savage.

Hi SleepAtNight. No, certainly not one of those. I hate marshmallow biscuits. The biscuit was similar in appearance to the custard creams but was white with the coconut flavor middle. I used to be hooked on the things. I could have sworn they were called 'Coconut Creams' but I must be wrong.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I remember them, dunnes used to have them in their St. Bernard range, kind of nobbly textured sandwiched bickkie with coconut cream inside. Haven't noticed them lately.

Looks like you're not the only one missing them!

Eviledna wrote: »
    I remember them, dunnes used to have them in their St. Bernard range, kind of nobbly textured sandwiched bickkie with coconut cream inside. Haven't noticed them lately.

Looks like you're not the only one missing them!

Ah that rings a bell. Yes, I'm fairly sure they were St. Bernard's Coconut Creams.

I remember the Coconut Creams came in a blue package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Nice creams are somewhat coconutty..... :)

Lpfsox wrote: »
    Nice creams are somewhat coconutty..... :)

These? http://www.foxs-biscuits.co.uk/product.php?id=nicecream

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Were they Bolands by any chance? I remember them too :)

Were they Bolands by any chance? I remember them too :)

Either them or St. Bernard's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye I recall the Blue packet...
    googling has found these http://www.hillbiscuits.com/coconut-cream-biscuits.html
    and I could swear I've seen the Hills brand somewhere...

If you happen to be up north you may find them in the likes of Asda/Sainsburys in an own name brand. (I know not very helpful right now). Must keep an eye out for Hills for you though

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye I recall the Blue packet...
    googling has found these http://www.hillbiscuits.com/coconut-cream-biscuits.html
    and I could swear I've seen the Hills brand somewhere...

If you happen to be up north you may find them in the likes of Asda/Sainsburys in an own name brand. (I know not very helpful right now). Must keep an eye out for Hills for you though

Thank you, they fit the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Random, but popped into a €2 shop and they had these (see attachment sorry pics too big to embed)
    ok they're not a single pack of coconut creams, they're a 6 x 6pack of six different types of 'creams' but one of them is coconut, so if you had a hankering, €2 isn't too bad, and I think they're 2 for €3 too.

Advertisement