Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trash collection Ireland?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Maybe I post this in the wrong sub-forum but couldn't find something where it would fit, maybe mysteries because it is one for us.

We just moved over to ireland and now we got our own house. Everything works fine, internet, gas, electrician ... but we can't find out how the trash really works.

Our landlord wants us to provid a proof that we signed up for the trash collection with our names but when I googled it the only thing I found was the greenbin site which wasn't that helpful. On the page is how you can pay but not where you can sign up.

Can anyone tell me where and how we can sign up for the trash collection? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It depends on where you live. There may be only one company in the area or many, it all depends. Let us know where you are and maybe someone from that area can fill you in.

Easiest thing would be to ask one your neighbours or call the local council. By the way it's usually called 'refuse' or 'household waste' rather than trash here, so maybe that was why you're not getting too many Google hits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

You might get more luck posting in a forum in the regions section, you can post in teh specific area you live in and maybe get an answer there
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

tell us where you are as most collections seem to be private nowadays. Well, they are in Cork anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnonOne

corktina wrote: »
    tell us where you are as most collections seem to be private nowadays. Well, they are in Cork anyway.

Sundrive Road in Crumlin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Dublin then. Did you try ringing the Council? If there are private contractors they will know who to contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

AnonOne wrote: »
    Sundrive Road in Crumlin

try www.dublincity.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnonOne

corktina wrote: »
    Dublin then. Did you try ringing the Council? If there are private contractors they will know who to contact.

Contact dublin council. They told me to contact greyhound. Greyhound tells me they dont cover crumlin (dublin 12) -.- awesome work :D

Anyone knows who covers crumlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

AnonOne wrote: »
    Contact dublin council. They told me to contact greyhound. Greyhound tells me they dont cover crumlin (dublin 12) -.- awesome work :D

Anyone knows who covers crumlin?

You might be better off in the Dublin city forum

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Easiest thing to do I suspect is to read your neighbours bins.

www.oxigen.ie would be my guess for the area, though.

Advertisement