Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie BF3 server?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 11:19am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, anyone interested in chipping in for a 64 man server? Anyone who donates gets admin access to the server controls :P

Looking to get about 7 or so, so just under a tenner each and we're sorted ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'd be happy to contribute. Excuse my ignorance, but is that price per month /per year ?

Not sure i'd want admin though :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

70 for a month but its 60 per month if you get one for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ah yeah cool, that does make sense! I never looked into the price of game servers before.

I'd be up to try it out for a few months for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd chip in as well. Might be a few weeks before i can play though, as my pc is a pile of ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bunnors

I'll chip in for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah I'd throw a few quid in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Guys,

A groups of us have just purchased a 32 man server ready for release we can bump to a 64 man very easily.
    You are all more than welcome to join the server and contribute.
    The plan is to get a few servers together long term as a group and grow as a community. www.un-gamers.net is where we are going from.
    We also have a mumble server ready to go.

Let me know if you are interested in joining forces ;)

Tip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'd be happy to contribute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

I'd chip in if I knew what company you're gonna use- I'm assuming the server has the performance necessary to handle maps as large as Caspian, some of the servers in the beta just seemed to buckle with 64 people playing.

My google-fu says the "gameservers" server company are having issues 64 player games of red orchestra, and I don't seem to recall using them at all during the beta (I know I used KillerCreation servers whenever possible due to the lag-free experience)

Are there any good Ireland based servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Great idea. Count me in. Sure whats a tenner these days ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I would also be interested in contributing. If there are enough people you could get two servers one for Conquest and one for Rush.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't forget to get Dav's permission for the user of the boards.ie name first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Actually, given that we have an advertising deal with EA and BF3 is a part of it, I was going to see what I could do about getting a Boards.ie server up and running, so my thanks to Enderman for starting the thread and letting me know.

Now, I'm not promising anything at all, I had the notion that I'd talk to the boss about it and see. It may require some funding from the community too (cause at €70ish a month, it's a non trivial sum of money over a year).

Leave it with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Already donated to TiG's 50 player server, however I will support this boards.ie server endeavour with good vibes and high praise.

gl Dav!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I guess I can throw in a tenner a month or so. So long as I'm able to ban anyone who stabs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sticky up above for the same?

Once it's up, we can refer to it in the pre-existing sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I will help out too. I will keep any eye on the thread to see whats happenin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Whats the latest on this, is it going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I am prepared to contribute to this worthy cause. It would make sence to have a few admins alright, keep the server open and populated, and have enough admins to cover 24 hours a day, each day.

Thinking more about this, we should set up a boards.ie clan. Obviously we are all probably in a clan already, but being boardsie members, it would strengthen the clan because we all have a mutual interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

You guys are more than welcome to jump on our server, if it ever appears in battlelog, till you get yours sorted. i3d.net - [TiG] The Irish Guard - Bettys Place

THF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

roll on tomorrow..

bank holiday weekend to get stuck into it..

i need city maps like panama canal and strike at kark...

they had best provide!!!!

**edit** i thought release was 28th, is this out since 25th?!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's a boards.ie platoon already up. We're still sorting a server out atm!

Advertisement