Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E5 - Nokia Messenger - HELP!

Options
  • 19-10-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a brand bew Nokia E5, set up gmail on it on Oct 12th. Had to do the documented hack on the web for all E series phones - set a non email domain, messenger can't auto set up, then go back and fix. This worked.

Yesterday, e-mail stopped sending, but was still being received.

I deleted the Gmail mailbox (because I could get in to the mailbox settings) and decided to add it again.

I must have tried to add it 100 times, but no luck. Every combination under the sun, but it just keeps saying "Error occurred adding mailbox. Try again later".

Now I'm doing the addition over Wifi, but I don't think this makes any odds as I was using wifi the 1st time too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm used to Blackberrys, I just cannot get over how Nokia would release something not tested!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Notwithstanding the fact that the interface program on the E series is a buggy piece of badly written software that requires various hacks to interact with, well described all of the internet - I think I have a solution for my particular running battle with it.

I deleted the gmail account (which had stopped functioning), but I also did not have a mobile data APN. I was using wifi to send/receive, which I believe is fine. (I had to delete my mobile data vpn as you cannot elect a different vpn to the mobile data one without deleting it - i.e. you can't just tell messenger to use wifi, it wil only use it is there is nothing else to use).

Anyway, you cannot add a mailbox in messenger without a mobile apn, so once I recreated the apn for VF, assigned it to the internet destination, the setup program would *work* again.

Once gmail was set up, deleted the apn again and it now uses wifi.

I hope this helps some other poor unfortunate who thinks they've bought a quality product.....

Advertisement