Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicholas Roche interview, Off the Ball, Newstalk 19/10/2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

stevemac wrote: »
    is it any good?

domJoly_1431416c.jpg

Nah mate it's rubbish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

stevemac wrote: »
    is it any good?
    I guess I should have added some content, rather than just posting the link. :o

Yeah, it's pretty interesting all right.
    He comes across as a really nice guy, and I still think his hybrid French/Dublin accent is wonderful.

They spend a fair while on doping, particularly the ongoing/interminable Contador saga. I'm not sure I entirely agree with his opinions on the subject, but then, he IS a professional on the pro tour, so he has me reconsidering my position.

His younger brother sounds like a very gutsy young man.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Turned it off before the end - his hybrid French/Dublin accent does my head in.
    Also when he talked about cleaning out his own wounds I was left wondering do they not have a team doc for that sort of thing. Reminds of the fact that they don't have a team chef either and that he has done without power meters and time trial bikes in the recent past. I have also questioned his diet in the past and the whole set-up sounds less than professional and I wonder how much better he might fare at another team if the option were there.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Hermy wrote: »
    Also when he talked about cleaning out his own wounds I was left wondering do they not have a team doc for that sort of thing. Reminds of the fact that they don't have a team chef either and that he has done without power meters and time trial bikes in the recent past. I have also questioned his diet in the past and the whole set-up sounds less than professional and I wonder how much better he might fare at another team if the option were there.

yep was talking to someione who said deignan couldnt beleive the difference in approach when he went from ag2r to cervelo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

The name Roche and doping in the same sentence that should not be allowed :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Carpenter wrote: »

Why?:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Carpenter wrote: »

You will have to ban yourself so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

All I am saying is that it is wrong :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Yes, it was wrong that Roche doped. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I think Roches team is so old fashioned that if they were doping him it'd be with strychnine and brandy......

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

RobFowl wrote: »
    I think Roches team is so old fashioned that if they were doping him it'd be with strychnine and brandy......

I think the reference was to his Dad...

It was a little disappointing to hear him put the boot into Landis/Hamilton while defending LA. Kind of tuned out after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Haven't heard this yet but by the comments it sounds a whole lot better than his Last Word interview with Matt Cooper.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Not his fault.....you should hear my Georgia/Dublin accent.

Totally agree.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just listened to it. Thought it was a good, honest and interesting interview.
    He comes across a lot brighter and intuitive than I expected.
    I'll definitely be buying the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Just listened to it myself. Had to cringe a little at his choice of words when explaining his reason for joining Cofidis after their doping scandal.....''to bring in fresh blood''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

I wonder how much better he might fare at another team if the option were there.

I'd love to see him move on too, at least to have a fighting chance at success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Fender76 wrote: »
    Haven't heard this yet but by the comments it sounds a whole lot better than his Last Word interview with Matt Cooper.....

Didnt hear the Matt Cooper one, but nothing could have been worse that the interview with Ryan Tubridy. Terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

Didnt hear the Matt Cooper one, but nothing could have been worse that the interview with Ryan Tubridy. Terrible

You didn't see the Ireland AM one then. You would get a more in depth interview on The Den.

Advertisement