Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamie Oliver Tefal Pans

• 19-10-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Two Tefal Pans, one big , one medium on sale in Tesco Omni S.C, Dublin 9. for 25.00 , Bargain, his stuff is usually really expensive :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

€25 each or individually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I picked these up in Maynooth the other day. It's 25 euro for the 2 - they're great quality

That is really good. I don't suppose you know if they're compatible with induction hobs? I know the most recent revision of these pots/pans is, but are the ones on offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

gerryk wrote: »
    That is really good. I don't suppose you know if they're compatible with induction hobs? I know the most recent revision of these pots/pans is, but are the ones on offer?

TK Maxx (St. Stephen's Green) have a five-set of pots/pans made by Brabantia called Inductio (or summat?) priced at €64.99. Says on the box that they are for induction hobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Had these pans for years - highly recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Best I can see it's these one's
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Jamie-Oliver-Enamel-Frying/dp/B002MXX7X0/ref=sr_1_9?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1319029388&sr=1-9

Which says
    Suitable for all hobs, except induction

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I still had the box in the recycling - not compatible with induction hobs I'm afraid

@tallpaul, thanks, I'm not really looking to get more pots. I am just interested if this particular offer is induction compatible.

@PaddyFagan, on the Tefal website, the same set has this information...
    Jamie Oliver Hard Anodised Cookware

A range that combines professional quality with classic good looks to inspire creativity in the kitchen - Range updated with induction base!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭terencemc

If anyone has seen these in carlow or naas, let me know.

T

I still had the box in the recycling - not compatible with induction hobs I'm afraid

I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks for going through the rubbish on my account :)

• Advertisement

terencemc wrote: »

T

I got these in Naas last Friday (they where just inside the door) - by Saturday they'd all disappeared, so I never posted it here as I'd assumed it was a local deal.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Aren't most hobbs induction?

You mean it is only useable with an actual flame?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Gone from Tesco in the Omni, anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Scratch that! Sorry, was back in there after and saw them on the shelves opposite the tea/ coffee aisle. About a dozen or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

noodler wrote: »

Standard cookers have heating elements. Induction doesn't.

noodler wrote: »

No - they're a special type of hob that uses a magnetic field rather than direct heat - if you had one you'd know about it: from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_cooker
    wikipedia wrote:
    An induction cooker uses induction heating for cooking. Unlike other forms of cooking, heat is generated directly in the pot or pan (cooking vessel), as opposed to being generated in the stovetop by electrical coils or burning gas. To be used on an induction cooker, a cooking vessel must be made of a ferromagnetic metal.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Anyone seen these in other Tescos?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Yes, bought some in Killarney last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Africa wrote: »

Lucan Tesco have a couple left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Nutgrove have them, I was hoping they ahd saucepans too, but had a few boxes of the frying pans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

There were some in Artane Castle this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

One left in Jervis this evening after i picked one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

good few left in drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Gone in Bray and the Brack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

tallpaul wrote: »
    TK Maxx (St. Stephen's Green) have a five-set of pots/pans made by Brabantia called Inductio (or summat?) priced at €64.99. Says on the box that they are for induction hobs.

I brought one of the inductio pans, ihad to bring it back it didn't work on my Bosch induction hob, bring a fridge magnet with you if it sticks to the base of pan it will work on induction,
    brought a stellar pan from tk max instead, 26 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

1 set left in Carlow yesterday evening
    terencemc wrote: »

T

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Thanks OP, I think I got one of the last sets of these in Tesco Wexford. Great price but I'm a smidgin dissapointed with the quality... my last pan (a "stellar" one from TK MAXX) was heavier and better built.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

thanks OP just got a set in old shopping centre Dundalk, about 6 sets left if anyone else looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

johnwd wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I think I got one of the last sets of these in Tesco Wexford. Great price but I'm a smidgin dissapointed with the quality... my last pan (a "stellar" one from TK MAXX) was heavier and better built.

Stellar may have been good for use on induction plates and think they are more heavy duty. The tefal's ain't good for induction.

We have decent tefal pans a long time and so long as you don't really burn the arse out of them then they will last a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Just ordered some of these on tesco's website, fingers crossed Wexford has them in stock.... and since I don't expect my sister to visit for another five months or more, I'll actually have pans that won't have the arses burnt out of them to use!!! The simple pleasures in life ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Joe_Box

Cheers OP, picked one of these up.

Had one before and was great, but unfortunately my ex-flatmate ruined it!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Anyone know if these are in Galway? Didn't get a chance to nip over today to check for myself, might go on my way in to work tomorrow if they are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

3 sets of these left in Cavan town Tesco at lunch time yesterday for anyone that is interested.

Advertisement