Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

just got 415ltrs for 350 from cosyhome

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Best Prices today

cosyhome: €415 (+€3 credit card fee) 500L
    Corrib Oil: €415 500L

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

I've been out of the loop on this one for the past short while but I finally got around to ordering oil this week. I contacted a few companies for a price, Corrib Oil gave a price on 500 liters, €419 but had to wait 3 days for delivery so cancelled the order and went with ACOS OIL who delivered the same day (Thursday), the guy said as they were a new company he would do me a deal of €415. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Haggle haggle haggle people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GlitterAngel

amiable wrote: »
    Haggle haggle haggle people

You said it. It definitely pays off

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

CityBin have a promotion. Buy 400l+ and get 10c/l off petrol or diesel at Maxol. Offer ends Friday.
    Probably works out the same as buying heating oil with other suppliers.
    http://www.citybin.com/cms/index.php?page=maxol_tc

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"The oil company"? rang me today, was quoted €427 for 500L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Folks - if you buy your oil and pay at the time of ordering, make sure you check your bank statement afterwards.

Ordered 1000 ltrs a few weeks back, haggled them down to €800 from €817, and gave my laser card details when ordering.

Checked my statement - they charged me €817 even though the guy on the phone told me while I was on the phone that the payment of €800 had gone through.

I'm sure it was a mistake but no harm in checking.

Heating oil now ~€860 per 1000l or ~€445 per 500l

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Best price today was Corrib Oil at .834 cent per litre after a little haggling. I ordered 600l. That's considerably better than the best price quoted by snubbleste yesterday which for 500l was 91c/litre.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Best price today was Corrib Oil at .834 cent per litre after a little haggling. I ordered 600l. That's considerably better than the best price quoted by snubbleste yesterday which for 500l was 91c/litre.

Get someone else to order for you, not good at your sums, are you? 89c per litre, not 91c, or maybe there's a pair of us in it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

headmaster wrote: »
    Get someone else to order for you, not good at your sums, are you? 89c per litre, not 91c, or maybe there's a pair of us in it ;).

Headmaster by name, headmaster by nature eh ? :)

I was correct about it being 83.4 c , I had initially ordered 600l at that price but asked the guy to fill the tank when he came which ended up being 784L and it came to 654, which as you'll find makes my sums spot on!
    83.4c stands. :)
    Sorry for the confusion, I was in a rush writing that last post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Just moved into a new place and tried ringing loads of places for coal,turf and firewood but no answer!
    Anyone know of a good coalman,reasonable prices and quality stuff please!
    I dont drive so will have to be delivered :)
    Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Billy Lally
    I've been using him for years - lovely guy

I've PM'd you his details

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

Agree, Billy Lally, lovely fella, very reliable, very obliging.

Think he covers most of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Meh! Only smokeless coal can be delivered in city limits, and its crap. It spits out crap all over the place and destroye the grate.

My advice is, if you have a car, get the proper stuff in Oranmore, Barna, Headford, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭StonedRaider

Meh! Only smokeless coal can be delivered in city limits, and its crap. It spits out crap all over the place and destroye the grate.

My advice is, if you have a car, get the proper stuff in Oranmore, Barna, Headford, etc

Haven't bought coal in a long time. Anywhere along the N59 moycullen road that I can get this proper stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Dont drive :( But yeah it is crap,hopefully i can get a lift of someone maybe and take me out there! But in the mean time ill have to use Billy Lally! Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Really? I never had a problem with smokeless coal spitting out sparks, etc. On the contrary, the only burn marks on my carpet are from real coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Did my usual ring around to get quotes. All around 88/89 cent per litre for 500 litres of kerosene home heating oil.

Just ordered the same quantity online from Top Oil at 85.5 cent.

I received an Eflow Reward Card recently and their website says this gives "members" up to a €15 discount when ordering home heating oil from Top.

The promotional code Eflow2011 is on the webpage so it seems anyone can use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sirius11

Hi all,

Looking to get some coal delivered to the house and was just wondering if polish coal is the way to go and who would be the best to buy from?
    Is there a smoke ban in the city centre?

Do a search..it's come up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sirius11

I did but was looking for some coal reviews too! Don't want to be spending a pile a money on heatless coal!

Since there is already a coal thread I'll merge.

There is a smoky coal ban since many years to improve air quality in the city where houses are next to each other, not hundreds of meter or miles.http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Environment/PollutionControl/Smokelessfuel/
    If anyone takes the bad advice from a poster above and travels outside the city and gets coal to burn inside the city they are commiting an offence.
    You're probably thinking "ah sure what will it do if I alone do this" but what if everyone in your estate thought the same thing?

biko wrote: »
    Since there is already a coal thread I'll merge.

There is a smoky coal ban since many years to improve air quality in the city where houses are next to each other, not hundreds of meter or miles.http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Environment/PollutionControl/Smokelessfuel/
    If anyone takes the bad advice from a poster above and travels outside the city and gets coal to burn inside the city they are commiting an offence.
    You're probably thinking "ah sure what will it do if I alone do this" but what if everyone in your estate thought the same thing?

Actually Biko it is not an offence to burn smoky coal in the city. The marketing, sale and distribution of bituminous fuel within designated areas (within City boundary) is an offence.

Aye, you are right snubbleste. I see they left a loophole if you go outside citylimits to buy it and then burn it here.
    Anyway, the point is the same:
    The ban on smoky coals with a high smoke and sulphur-dioxide content is intended to improve air quality by replacement with smokeless fuels in urban areas. This ban specifically relates to bituminous or smoky products i.e. Polish or Texan Coals, Singles, Doubles & Slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Can anyone tell me if they can beat 89 cents per litre for 500 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

cosy heating 500 liters for 435euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Can anyone tell me if they can beat 89 cents per litre for 500 litres

Yes:
    Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Just ordered the same quantity online from Top Oil at 85.5 cent.

pepe00 wrote: »
    cosy heating 500 liters for 435euro

Top.ie, 500 litres for €427.50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Yes:

Top.ie, 500 litres for €427.50.
    website is quoting me 89.66 cents per litre

Advertisement