Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

corrib Oil is definitely the best - I rang all the companies and came back to Corrib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

fifib wrote: »
    just checked Corrib Oil online there and 500L is €500. Anyone know where can get better price?

According to cheapest oil their price is 468 euro for 500 litres last updated at 5 pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ring the & haggle. Petrol & diesel have dropped again this week. Drove through Ballina yesterday & could'nt believe my eyes when I saw petrol & diesel at the same price - 154.9 each:), so heating oil & kero should be down a few cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As a tip if someone wants a small quantity, Sweeney Oil garage (the ex Topaz place on Menlo roundabout) are selling plastic containers with oil.
    20L I think, didn't look too close.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Best website for price check http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Galway.aspx

Corrib Oil now €468 for 500 litres

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Corrib Oil are now charging 1.5% extra if you pay by credit card so that needs to be factored in when comparing their prices to others.

Corrib Oil are now charging 1.5% extra if you pay by credit card so that needs to be factored in when comparing their prices to others.

Bought some Tuesday and that wasn't the case.

Unless they have brought it in since that? :confused:

rarnes1 wrote: »

I guess we timed it badly then because they were charging extra for credit card payment yesterday.

I guess we timed it badly then because they were charging extra for credit card payment yesterday.

Can't see anything on their site about that charge. You should stick up a link for that tbh.

Can't see anything on their site about that charge. You should stick up a link for that tbh.

They told us about the charge over the phone when we rang up to order. Looks like they are not being upfront on their website.

• Advertisement

They told us about the charge over the phone when we rang up to order. Looks like they are not being upfront on their website.

I paid online and there was no cc 1.5% charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

just ordered 500L for €465. when i told them was paying with credit card she said would be €6 for credit card charge so paying them cash on delivery instead

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

biko wrote: »
    As a tip if someone wants a small quantity, Sweeney Oil garage (the ex Topaz place on Menlo roundabout) are selling plastic containers with oil.
    20L I think, didn't look too close.

Good point! A lot of the fuel centres are doing this now. It's good for those on limited funds, but beware of the rip off price for the DRUM it comes in...if you can get your hands on a suitable container, you should be able to fill it yourself which is much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

islanderre wrote: »
    Evening all,

Got 6 bales BnM briquettes at the shop beside the pub @ carnmore cross on saturday......... good price IMO.

Paid €19.20 so €3.20 each...

I got 2 bales today. €3.30 each. Decent value

Now to try get the same value for coal

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Got 841 litres yesterday @ 90 cent a litre from TEXOIL.

Had the delivery been below 800 litre, the rate would of been 91 cent.

Corrib wanted 91.5 cent and Garbally and TEXOIL were 90 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

justt about to order oil for the winter, wondering if there's any value to be found? Have priced on the Sweeney and corrib oil websites. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/galway.aspx

I ordered off Cosyhome earlier; we've used him for our last few fills, and he's consistently in the top 5 cheapest. For 500 or 1,000 litres there's only about €3 between the cheapest 3 at the moment, so I don't think it's worth making a dozen phonecalls over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Col200sx wrote: »
    Saw that McDonogh's in Ballybane Ind Est are doing 2 x 40kg bags of smokeless coal for €30.

But don't rely on them answering the phones, 3 days last week I tried them and not one answer all week.

(And yes I have the correct number).

Anyone get that coal? Whats the best coal available out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

wheres the nearest to the city that ya can buy smoked polish coal cause that smokeless coal is pure s*it!

wheres the cheapest also?

LillySV wrote: »
    wheres the nearest to the city that ya can buy smoked polish coal cause that smokeless coal is pure s*it!

wheres the cheapest also?

Balindooley stores on the Headford Road.

€14 for a 40Kg bag

• Advertisement

Balindooley stores on the Headford Road.

€14 for a 40Kg bag

fuk ya serious?? i drove by there but didnt see any outside the shop so assumed there was none..is it inside? when they close?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 theprisoner

I have bought smokeless coal at the petrol station in Ballindooley.
    It is very clean and has great heat output. It also has practically no ash.
    It is the best I have come across. €15 per 40Kg bag

• Registered Users Posts: 18 theprisoner

gifted wrote: »
    Anyone get that coal? Whats the best coal available out there?

It is terrible. All ash no heat.

fuk ya serious?? i drove by there but didnt see any outside the shop so assumed there was none..is it inside? when they close?

It's outside beside the petrol pumps.

€14 for 40kg Polish coal and €15 for 40kg smokeless

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's outside beside the petrol pumps.

€14 for 40kg Polish coal and €15 for 40kg smokeless

Ah that's not Balindooley stores, the petrol pumps down the road beside the castle are a different crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

It is terrible. All ash no heat.

Oh if only I had read your post earlier. I bought 4 bags today on the way home, lit the fire and the stuff is S***E :mad:. Huge big yellow flames and thats it, no heat coming out to us :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I have bought smokeless coal at the petrol station in Ballindooley.
    It is very clean and has great heat output. It also has practically no ash.
    It is the best I have come across. €15 per 40Kg bag

That's where I get mine at a special price :D

I get the smoky coal myself - fight the power! God only knows how much we pay in carbon credits and taxes so I'm happy to break that little ordinance.

bought 40kg of coal in kilcolgan tonite for 11.90 (i think...its 11 something anyways) and proper stuff..great heat out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

bought 40kg of coal in kilcolgan tonite for 11.90 (i think...its 11 something anyways) and proper stuff..great heat out of it :)

at the centra?
    or the londis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is there anyone who delivers coal? 'twas bad enough carrying the bale of briquettes back..

Advertisement