Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flickr photo pool as a public exhibition?

• 19-10-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Saw this and thought how it could easily be used to highlight some good photogs and decorate some of the ugly vacant buildings around Dublin at the moment.

Anyone got a bare shopfront there that they want to dress up?

WALSALL FLICKR GROUP DECORATES EMPTY SHOP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cool but it takes a local council that are open to ideas (not saying that dublin's isn't).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

It could be a really lovely idea - but yeah, generally local councils are a bit reluctant arts-projects-wise. Shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

I seen something along those lines during the summer.
    I think it might have been in Rathmullan, outside Letterkenny.

Instead of photos, the local school produced art work to place on the boarded up windows of empty shops.

A great idea, and can look great. However one of the windows was painted with a "Closing Down Sale" sign - maybe not what the council was after. :-)

I didn't get a photo of it as it was raining too heavy to risk getting the camera out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

In fairness it is being looked at, see following tweet from Twitter

@rayeates Ray Yeates
    Big response to Arts Office seminar on cultural use of vacant spaces. Date set for Dec 6th. Email me ray.Yeates@dublincity.ie for info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    In fairness it is being looked at, see following tweet from Twitter

@rayeates Ray Yeates
    Big response to Arts Office seminar on cultural use of vacant spaces. Date set for Dec 6th. Email me ray.Yeates@dublincity.ie for info

Pinged him a mail linking to this thread - because you just never know....

• Advertisement
Advertisement