Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reps

• 19-10-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    Anybody know when first reps payment is due?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dirac98

It's normally paid out 75% a day or two before Christmas and the balancing payment on the 30th Dec if the last couple of years anything to go by.
    Keep an eye on www.agriculture.gov.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

Reps 4 suppose to be 75% begining of November I believe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Cran wrote: »
    Reps 4 suppose to be 75% begining of November I believe...
    Cran, where did you get htis infofrmation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Cran, where did you get htis infofrmation?
    you took the words out of my mouth

had an issue with my reps and had to call the department, told me wouldn't have an issue with the payment for begining of november. believe its listed on the IFA payment schedule as end of October...

• Advertisement

Cran,
    Would that be outstanding payments for 2010 or were they referring to the 2011 payment. I don't remember seeing this on any of the IFA press releases. Sorry for doubting you but would love to get a definitive answer as I would find it surprising if they paid out that early.

Cran wrote: »
    had an issue with my reps and had to call the department, told me wouldn't have an issue with the payment for begining of november. believe its listed on the IFA payment schedule as end of October...
    cool ill be amazed. happy and suprised if it arrives on time

I'm not due any money from 2010, so took it as this years payments. thats all I know sure will see what happens over the few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

Would only believe payments are comming begining of November when I see it in the account , normally get 75% the week before xmas and then a couple of days before or after xmas the 25% balance is paid . I'm on;y getting disadvantaged areas payment sorted this week and just jokingly mentioned to that office on the phone about havin to wait till xmas for reps payment or whenever it arrives and the guy in the office laughed and said "yeah whenever is right !" so I wouldn't get too excited just yet about an early payment .....;)

Interesting to note that any of the payment threads on here that a lot of fellas (and lassies) are going from one payment run to the next just to pay the bills whether it be REPS, SFP, DAS etc. Cash flow is a big issue at the moment.
    I would be very surprised to see REPS money paid in November - if it was you can be sure that the Minister would be making a big deal of it in order to gain brownie points with the farming community/IFA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Interesting to note that any of the payment threads on here that a lot of fellas (and lassies) are going from one payment run to the next just to pay the bills whether it be REPS, SFP, DAS etc. Cash flow is a big issue at the moment.
    I would be very surprised to see REPS money paid in November - if it was you can be sure that the Minister would be making a big deal of it in order to gain brownie points with the farming community/IFA.

Yeah i have noticed that to. I'd be worried for people if they are having cash flow difficulties this year

just talked to the teagasc guy, he reckons its fairly likely payments will come in november, something about different rules and the dep not wanting 2011 money to run into 2012, he said once sfp sorted they will consentrate on reps, that are clear, but obviously no dates but he did say a few times there is def a rush on this year to get evey payment done before x mas

just talked to the teagasc guy, he reckons its fairly likely payments will come in november, something about different rules and the dep not wanting 2011 money to run into 2012, he said once sfp sorted they will consentrate on reps, that are clear, but obviously no dates but he did say a few times there is def a rush on this year to get evey payment done before x mas
    Fair play Supersean. That's interesting.

Fair play Supersean. That's interesting.

hopefully we will get it on time, every local office will be different processing files ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

Hearing the same, starting 3 weeks time. Apparently the money is there to pay out this year and whatever isnt paid out will go back to central funds, ie not be carried over to 2012. Anyone still due the 25% from last year should follow it up at the local office as this years cant be paid until last years is cleared. Also make sure you have your course done.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭k mac

Any more word on when the reps payment is due. It would be great if it was payed in november instead of praying for it to come and it arrives a couple of days before xmas .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I wonder is gov hoping to extract more income tax:eek: from farmers by having all their 'payments' up to date in a good year or am I just being paranoid?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I rang Johnstown Castle re REPS payments for 2011 - and was told they wont be started until December. They dont have a start date yet even. She hoped it would be the start... :(

As Agcons said above - I was told they need to clear the 25% owed to people from 2010, before they can start to process 2011. Which is what they are doing now.

So - few more weeks to go yet it seems... :(

blue5000 wrote: »
    I wonder is gov hoping to extract more income tax:eek: from farmers by having all their 'payments' up to date in a good year or am I just being paranoid?
    Just because you re paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

is there many on here STILL waitin for the 25% from 2010. thought we were the only ones!

• Advertisement

It's the same old story with the Department except a different year. So much for the farmers lobby group, the IFA. They are no more efficent than our benefactors in the Department.

is there many on here STILL waitin for the 25% from 2010. thought we were the only ones!
    Somewhere between 2000 and 4000 applicants depending on who you ask.

agcons wrote: »
    Somewhere between 2000 and 4000 applicants depending on who you ask.

how is it possible to be 10 months processing 3000 files, especially if they got the 75. anyway heard nothing in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

how is it possible to be 10 months processing 3000 files, especially if they got the 75. anyway heard nothing in the last week

I got my 25% owed from 2010 yesterday :D but have been already told that there is a hold up with this years payment because Teagasc made MAJOR omission on my SFP form online:eek: .I don't know when this will be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭manjou

Got last 25% of 2010 reps yesterday.Dont know about 2011 payment yet but not going to spend any money that will depend on it as if it takes as long as 2010 payments will not see any money till next summer

its a good sign ye got the 25%, hopefully they start 2011 asap,

its a good sign ye got the 25%, hopefully they start 2011 asap,

Late Nov. /early December... http://www.kildarestreet.com/sendebates/?id=2011-11-08.418.0
    In other words just before Xmas:rolleyes:

Late Nov. /early December... http://www.kildarestreet.com/sendebates/?id=2011-11-08.418.0
    In other words just before Xmas:rolleyes:
    good stuff i hope i get it before xmas, fecks up the tax year i got 2 reps in one year once, made me look well off, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭trg

good stuff i hope i get it before xmas, fecks up the tax year i got 2 reps in one year once, made me look well off, :rolleyes:

In this case let your accountant know when doing the accounts for the year that you DIDNT get it, he will most likely put the income in as being accrued i.e. that it is a debtor. You are recognising the income, just waiting on the cash!

That is accurate as the reps will relate to the year in question

• Advertisement

trg wrote: »
    In this case let your accountant know when doing the accounts for the year that you DIDNT get it, he will most likely put the income in as being accrued i.e. that it is a debtor. You are recognising the income, just waiting on the cash!

That is accurate as the reps will relate to the year in question
    cheers ill mention that,

has many more people got the 2010 ,25% in the last week,

has many more people got the 2010 ,25% in the last week,
    ye we got sorted at long last

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/site/farming-Budget-endgame-14141.html
    "The Irish Farmers Journal understands that REPS4 payments will start next week, with 16,000 farmers, slightly over half of REPS4 participants, likely to receive their initial payment." 26-11-2011

Wonder what criteria (if any) they use to decide who gets paid now and who doesn't?:confused:
    I would love the know the answer to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

Just wondering do you need to send in the 10 hour course cert that i did a few months ago to get payed or do they send you word in the post for it to be sent in??In otherwords will you be payed if the cert is sent in or not??Thanks:rolleyes:

Just wondering do you need to send in the 10 hour course cert that i did a few months ago to get payed or do they send you word in the post for it to be sent in??In otherwords will you be payed if the cert is sent in or not??Thanks:rolleyes:
    i think teagasc automatically send that in as soon as you do the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

If you have the original cert yourself you'll need to send it in.
    i think teagasc automatically send that in as soon as you do the course.

Mostly that's what happens, but if you do the course in a county that's not your home county it may be sent to your home address, that's what happened to me, I missed the last course in Kildare and did it in Navan, Teagasc up there sent the cert directly to me.

Hi all

Good news I hope! I was talking to somebody in my local dept this afternoon and they assured me that 75% of REPS 4 payment will be in my account tomorrow!

They checked my REPS number and confirmed the payment had been sent.

I will believe it when I see it in the account! Good luck everybody and lets keep our fingers crossed.

Well, I am shocked! The REPS money is in my account, happy days

Didn't get any REPS. Got SFP alright today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Didn't get any REPS. Got SFP alright today.

No REPS - got the SFP, same as yerself.

• Advertisement

no reps got the sfp too great, well 17000 got reps 13000 before christmas so it was always a lotery, im guessing the reason a lot them all not being cleared is the speed of local offices, etc and the number of files vary from county to county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

No REPS for me either, got the SFP alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Dirac98 wrote: »
    Well, I am shocked! The REPS money is in my account, happy days
    Got sfp did anyone other than dirac get reps payment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

got the SFP alright - no reps though

Got sfp allright but no reps.Rang the local office today and they said they would get back to me if there was a problem. Got somthing at least though so a few bills to be payed.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

Got 75% of Reps in the account today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Anyone get paid reps this week

Got nothing yet .In the next 10 days according to the journal.Better get it before xmas .

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Rang the office yesterday.
    They havent even looked at my one yet!
    i asked yer one on the phone could she tell me when she thinks it will be done?
    'I donno' she said.
    'ring back in 10 ta 14 days ta see if its done'
    'paddy has a big shtack on his desk to get thru - hes awful busy wih dem'

Great service! innit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

There is a proposal in the budget to cut reps payment by 10% this is on top of a 17% cut already. We as farmers signed up to this CONTRACT in good faith, we incur costs in reps; planner fees, supplementary measures, etc.

I wonder could we have a case for the European court of justice for breach of contract by the Irish Government, what do you ppl in reps think?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement