Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've always wanted to do an unboxing thread

• 19-10-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

...so here it is!

It has its advantages, being home sick with the flu ...you get to receive your parcels immediately ...plus you can take pics in daylight.

Anyhow ...this rather big cube arrived via ooops today
    178562.jpg

inside was a black cube with invoice and warranty card
    178563.jpg

aaand inside that was this rather nice wooden cube :D
    178564.jpg

and inside that ...tataaa ...my new watch

178565.jpg
    178566.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

some more shots of the watch

178567.jpg
    178568.jpg
    178569.jpg
    178570.jpg
    178571.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

Love the watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Sweet watch. I've seen these Roamer watches (along with Certina) pop up in a few shops recently. Some good-looking models there.

and yet some more :D

178572.jpg
    178573.jpg

My only criticism of the watch ...the clasp. It is slightly the wrong shape for my wrist and the rather stiff strap will have to be made a bit more pliant before it will become comfortable. Also the clasp has no release mechanism ...click it shut and rip it open is all it does. It'll do for a dresswatch that you don't wear every day, but not really ideal or sturdy

178574.jpg
    178575.jpg

Technical data:

Roamer competence original type 2 (afaik it's now discontinued)
    Diameter 37 mm
    Movement FHF caliber 138.011; 21600 bph, 36 hours power reserve
    hand wind, no date
    top crystal is sapphire, bottom mineral, waterproof 30m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That is a sweet watch P. Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

peasant wrote: »
    My only criticism of the watch ...the clasp. It is slightly the wrong shape for my wrist and the rather stiff strap will have to be made a bit more pliant before it will become comfortable. Also the clasp has no release mechanism ...click it shut and rip it open is all it does. It'll do for a dresswatch that you don't wear every day, but not really ideal or sturdy

178574.jpg
    178575.jpg

I had a similar problem with the clasp on one of my watches and managed to solve it by (apologies if this is heresy, but) rotating the watch 180degrees on the leather strap. Might be worth a try?

Zagato wrote: »
    I had a similar problem with the clasp on one of my watches and managed to solve it by (apologies if this is heresy, but) rotating the watch 180degrees on the leather strap. Might be worth a try?

Thanks for the tip, but after squishing the strap into shape a bit, it has become quite wearable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Congrats - wear it in good health.

Interesting design - quite art deco.

This watch has another thing going for it ...it smells nice :D

(the box is cedar wood and as it has spent a few years in it already, unsold, it has now taken on the scent ...loverly ...like a good cigar :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Now there's something from the path less trodden. Well done!

Advertisement