Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lusk to get a new second level school opening 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MAK

Parents/guardians of Lusk children,

You can express your interest in having an Educate Together second-level school and bringing much needed change to second-level education by:
    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DubNorResident

Too see what the VEC have to offer please refer to www.codubvec.ie and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Co-Dublin-VEC-for-Second-Level-Lusk/178588895557479.

Alternatively visit the number of Community Colleges in the area including Skerries, Donabate, Balbriggan and Swords. You are sure to be very impressed by the facilities, the staff and of course the students.

"If it ain't broke why fix it" VEC Community Schools are working

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/local-notes/students-recognised-at-youthreach-awards-2909192.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thats good news for Lusk and the area in general.

I also see St. Josephs in Rush have been approved for a new building to continue their great improvments of the last few years. Good to see N.C.D getting this investment in the youth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

The kick in the teeth is that Skerries which was one of the few outlets for Lusk children has closed its doors to Lusk kids from this year (2012 intake) and the new school wont open till 2013 leaving about 100 kids as collateral damage.

Watching some of the discussions taking place on the respective facebook pages is pretty disturbing with people more concerned about ethos than the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thats strange decision seeing as there will be a year where kids could be left in limbo

There may be spaces in Rush but I have noticed recently children in Balbriggan and Skerries at bus stops heading to school in Rush. Why is this when in Between there is Loretto, Balrothery, Balbriggan community Collage, Skerries Community collage, There is also 3 schools in Swords. Are non nationals being pushed to certain schools for a reason? some seem to have loads and some very few.

From what I hear the non national kids going to St. Josephs contribute a huge amount to the school in terms of taking part in a wide variety of cultural events and projects so I am not getting on there case just wondering if there is a policy of some type in some schools to be more selective about who comes rather than the academic ability of children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Hi Seaside it is terrible that all the children of Lusk have had to travel to secondary school. For too long i have seen my neighbours kids not getting home till all hours especially if they are doing extra activities in school.There should have been a school built years ago but obviously the policy of building house's without the facilites has come home to bite the kids of Lusk.The decision to build a school in Lusk in 2013 was made by the dept of education and the patronage of it is a totally seperate issue from that it would be great if it wasn't but it is. There will be a school in 2013 wether it is run by VEC or Educate Together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

RO 06 wrote: »
    Hi Seaside it is terrible that all the children of Lusk have had to travel to secondary school. For too long i have seen my neighbours kids not getting home till all hours especially if they are doing extra activities in school.There should have been a school built years ago but obviously the policy of building house's without the facilites has come home to bite the kids of Lusk.The decision to build a school in Lusk in 2013 was made by the dept of education and the patronage of it is a totally seperate issue from that it would be great if it wasn't but it is. There will be a school in 2013 wether it is run by VEC or Educate Together.

At the moment worried about having a school to travel to rather than travelling to school.

If hypocrisy was an olympic event the VEC would have taken gold at the meeting in Lusk. They care so much about kids that they will bus them to a different school to do woodwork and the kids of Donabate had it so hard having to leave the penninsula to get to school yet the kids who will finish this year are to fend for themselves.

A plague on all your houses

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

your anger should be directed towards the Department of Eduacation its not the VECs or any other potential patrons fault that lusk has no school for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MAK

ET2LL Public Information Meeting tonight (Thurs 8 Dec) 7:45pm at Rush & Lusk Educate Together NS. See http://www.et2ll.info/

Advertisement