Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the area?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

I would appreciate if anyone could recommend a decent place around Blanchardstown/Dublin 15 that is reliable and efficient. I've been let down on 2 seperate occasions by a guy in work and really need to get my car back on the road.

The car is overheating quite rapidly and I've been advised it could be a Head Gasket problem. Its a 2001 Audi A3, 1.6 petrol if that makes a difference.

Really would welcome any feedback on this. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Do a search on here...there are many threads.

I find Discount Tyres & Motors in Rosemount Business Park to be excellent...as you'll see in the other threads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭timbel

RM Motors on the Blakestown Road.
    Good work at reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Ellis Poynton motors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Ellis Poynton motors.

you forgot to say "vote david mcguinness"

genericguy wrote: »
    you forgot to say "vote david mcguinness"

Good god your right :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Good god your right :)

Seriously Chuck, leave it out.
    Generic guy, dont be encouraging him.

Keep it on topic please.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Seriously Chuck, leave it out.
    Generic guy, dont be encouraging him.

Keep it on topic please.

Well in fairness the young buck did coerce me Gaspode :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

i always go to aidan english on herbert road

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

amtc wrote: »
    i always go to aidan english on herbert road

Have used Aidan a few times in the past, he's a good honest mechanic and I would highly recommend him. Discount Tyres are a decent bunch for exhaust/wheels/suspension, have not used them for any engine work, however.

A few mechanics have popped up in and around Coolmine Industrial Estate and I see Atlas are setting up in the old Renault garage, its good to see some more competition around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Tony Mc Grath in the old CASTLEKNOCK CAR CENTRE premises opposite bradys sales showrooms, beechpark avenue.. he has taken over the premises and I know two friends that have used him and found him very good and honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i spent ages looking for a decent mechanic anywhere between navan and blanch and kept getting let down by everyone sooner or later, until i found the bodyshop and service centre purely by virtue of them being within walking distance of my new job about a year ago.

i've been using them ever since and couldn't be happier. they're such nice and honest guys and always good value, i really can't fault them in any way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

AG autos,

Reliable, honest and a brilliant mechanic. He will colloct your car ana drop it back.
    Fully insured,top spec equipment and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 selsun

I've used these few times and I'm pleased with the service:
    in Mulhuddart: http://psmoto.com
    in Coolmine: http://www.coolminemotors.ie/
    Ring them and few others to compare prices. I go to Paul and Simon in Mulhuddart more often.
    Cheers

Advertisement