Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check broadband speed in an area?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering is it possible to check the typical download/upload speed in a given area?

I'm asking basically on behalf of my parents who are looking at moving house. They know eircom broadband is available in the area they're looking at but they're worried that the speed may be very slow. I have the phone number of a pub that's directly across the road from this house, is it possible to check what kind of download/upload speed could be expected if I PM you the phone number? I can tell from using the line checker on NGB.ie that it is up to 8mb broadband but I know that what you get could be close to 1mb depending on a number of factors.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Wayne.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

wayne0308 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering is it possible to check the typical download/upload speed in a given area?

I'm asking basically on behalf of my parents who are looking at moving house. They know eircom broadband is available in the area they're looking at but they're worried that the speed may be very slow. I have the phone number of a pub that's directly across the road from this house, is it possible to check what kind of download/upload speed could be expected if I PM you the phone number? I can tell from using the line checker on NGB.ie that it is up to 8mb broadband but I know that what you get could be close to 1mb depending on a number of factors.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Wayne.

Hi wayne0308,

Can you PM me with your landline number and I can look into the speed issue for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Hi wayne0308,

Can you PM me with your landline number and I can look into the speed issue for you.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

wayne0308 wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, PM sent.

Hi Wayne,

PM you back

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement