Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bewildered

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I find it very strange that we can discuss where the best breakfast roll can be had but at the moment we can't post on the Eyre square protest.

I trust it is coming back on line soon?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Caveat: I'm not speaking for the Galway City mods or any mods in general.

If you want to discuss a general malaise with capitalism and the state of the nation (which is where that thread was heading, in ever decreasing circles); Economics, Politics or Humanities is where it's at. If you want a more base and robust discussion on the above, there's AH where within 3 posts, it will have been blamed on the other troika; Bertie, the bankers and shadowy vested interests (but in the style of one of the Gumbies) and everything bad that's ever happened is due to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Why bring it back it was a slagging match for those for and against, it also had gotten very personal with some posters in my opinion which is why I posted nothing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Why bring it back it was a slagging match for those for and against, it also had gotten very personal with some posters in my opinion which is why I posted nothing.
    True, but having the thread derailed by entryists interests would mirror what I suspect will happen in the Square.

That and some witless anti-capitalists prig will appear with a "Down with that sort of thing" sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It will (probably) be reopened soon. Just need to sort some stuff out.
    Ypu can just PM me questions instead of posting them here.
    I won't bite and I will answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement