Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Company Recommendation

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for a reliable registered company to install a wireless alarm in my 3 bed house in D9. Any suggestions / prices ? {NOT EIRCOM}

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are some installers listed in the sticky here .
    You can also take a look at the PSA register of licenced installers in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056242435
    There is also some info on the licensing requirements etc. Your best advice is to get at least 3 quotes.
    Insist on a callout to do a proper survey. That way there are no surprises later.
    Ensure you are comparing like with like & make sure you find out everything thats included & whats extra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

If you're getting it monitored, do NOT use bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

newmug wrote: »
    If you're getting it monitored, do NOT use bell.

Strange response :confused: Why not ?
    A live external bell is a must on any system regardless of it being monitored or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

altor wrote: »
    Strange response :confused: Why not ?
    A live external bell is a must on any system regardless of it being monitored or not.
    Bell Communications

Jnealon wrote: »
    Bell Communications

Sorry, makes sense now :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Sandraf wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a reliable registered company to install a wireless alarm in my 3 bed house in D9. Any suggestions / prices ? {NOT EIRCOM}

Cheers

PM sent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

paddy147 wrote: »
    PM sent.:)
    I hope you're on commission

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    I hope you're on commission
    I don't know what he has earned in comission, but this on top of yesterdays events have earned him another infraction.
    @ Paddy The rules have been explained to you over & over. You just choose to ignore them. Bans will follow for further breach of charter rules.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Eh lads,when I posted the words "PM Sent" I didnt think I did anything wrong.

PM sent means just that and nothing more.

Why you both feel the need to comment against me or gang up on me for posting "PM Sent"???

I mean other people here can post/name and shame Companies (see above),and that is perfectly allowed to happen

The OP who lives in the same area as me,"asked" a specific question and I merely posted a reply saying "PM Sent".

Regards.

You PM ed recommendations shilling the same company again.
    I have given up trying to explain the rules to you. You are here long enough and you know whats what. Taking your argument on thread again is another breach of charter.
    Take a week off from here. When you come back read over the charter as I have requested numerous times. If there is something you don't understand let me know and I will happily clarify it for you.
    paddy147 wrote: »

I mean other people here can post/name and shame Companies (see above),and that is perfectly allowed to happen

Other People are not repeatedly shilling the same company.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    I don't know what he has earned in comission, but this on top of yesterdays events have earned him another infraction.
    @ Paddy The rules have been explained to you over & over. You just choose to ignore them. Bans will follow for further breach of charter rules.

No commission, just one of many happy customers :D

Re the charter rules:
    If you are asked in a post for recommendations thats fine, anything else is shilling

Clearly happened here :rolleyes:

Is there an official reference to the description shilling you can post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 george tobin

Sandraf wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers
    alfa alarms best in dublin check them out.

altor wrote: »
    No commission, just one of many happy customers :D

Re the charter rules:
    If you are asked in a post for recommendations thats fine, anything else is shilling

Clearly happened here :rolleyes:

Is there an official reference to the description shilling you can post ?

Sorry Altor . I only noticed this now,

Shilling is where a company or individual comes on highly recommending themselves or giving constant praise or recommendation . Likewise when an individual constantly posts recommendations & praise repeatedly for the same company.

Also this part of the forum is relevant.
    If there is any issue with a moderators actions discuss it with the moderator via PM . Do not derail threads arguing on thread.

This has been discussed at lenght many times with Paddy.
    As I have always said this forum is about helping others not promoting ourselves etc. When the one user repeatedly comes on recommending another that looks bad and it looks like we're just here to promote each other. Its a simple rule & there is room for leeway with it. However if its going to be a constant soure of disruption we can go the way of some other forums & ban recommendations & compoany names totally.

I am locking this thread now as its been disruptive enough.
    Feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss it further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement