Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty darned amazing freeware 727

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

I was looking around the other day, for a project aircraft to build into something special, for running up to the arctic north of Canada... 732, 722... the rural tubeliners...

Anyway, after many shut down projects due to limitations of original aircraft, and a severe lack of fsx native suitable airframes, I found the Thomas Ruth 727 series... 100, 200, and 200 ADV models in pax and cargo configs... All I can say is wow...

Clear, crisp, beauitufl virtual cockpit, with excelent gauges, usable, functional, and even opening cockpit windows... rare outside of payware.

Model... great animations, opening airstair, cargo clamshell door, doors, even the rams that activate the slats and speedbrakes are modeled... lovely.

If you haven't seen this, head over to avsim and search tom7271.zip and tom7272.zip, and you're in for a treat. A truely excelent freeware airliner for FSX, that in truth, deserves to be payware. (I've seen many payware that are worse quality)

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

He's also just released a DC-10 package...sans VC,but you can swap in the 727 one if your not a purist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

yup, saw that... bit too big for my tastes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

Firekitten just saw your letter re downloading Tom 7271.zip,i went to avsims and downloaded it ,BUT i need help no gauges of any sort in the cockpit,can you help,am useing addit pro to install

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

If you follow the readme instructions to drop it in manually, its actually REALLY easy, and works fine.

Take the zip, darn, I've forgotten what the package setup is like,

but basically, go into fsx/simaddons/airplanes,

Find the 727 folder

If there is a folder inside called gauges, copy the contents to fsx/gauges

same with effects to effects if theres one (there is)

That should solve it.

Its far easier to add them by hand than to use programs... they miss things, depending on how a developer packages the file...

if its 'aircraft' 'gauges' and 'effects' those programs work, but if they are folders inside the aircraft one, like a lot are... you're screwed.

Give it a go, see what happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

thanks Firekitten.... will give it a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement