Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desiccated Coconut

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

I've tried Superquinn Lucan and Tesco Lucan for this, but no joy.

Does anyone know where i could buy it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've gotten shamrock dessicated coconut in Superquinn in the last few months & in Tesco as well (but not that recently). My local centra stocks it too. Did they defo not have any? It's normally a staple in the baking aisle. If you can't get it in a supermarket and can pop into a Pakistani or Indian supermarket they should sort you out. Polish supermarkets are unbelievable for baking stuff too.

This is the Shamrock packaging if that helps any

5011005005605_2.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I've gotten shamrock dessicated coconut in Superquinn in the last few months & in Tesco as well (but not that recently). My local centra stocks it too. Did they defo not have any? It's normally a staple in the baking aisle. If you can't get it in a supermarket and can pop into a Pakistani or Indian supermarket they should sort you out. Polish supermarkets are unbelievable for baking stuff too.

Thanks. I tried both in store and their online shop. I asked a manager in Superquinn and spent enough time in tesco moving between the Baking and Spices sections that the security guard was getting dizzy!! :)

Must try the local ethnic places so!! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You'll get it in Eurasia in the Fonthill retail park. Probably significantly cheaper than in Tesco/Superquinn too.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    You'll get it in Eurasia in the Fonthill retail park. Probably significantly cheaper than in Tesco/Superquinn too.

Thanks!!

That's the block down from Smyths etc isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Definitely in my tesco (ballybrack), it can be in the baking section with cornflour, or beside cooking chocolate near the normal bars, I think there is a 3rd place I have seen it too, tescos are stupid like that.

• Advertisement

Found it in Tesco's Maynooth. thanks for the replies folks

Advertisement