Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramps on Esker Lane

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that the ramps near Willsbrook Park on Esker Lane have been dug up?
    I sincerely hope they're not going to put more extreme ones in, like the ones that are already there further down Esker Lane near the Glebe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Haven't been around that way in a while. Last time i went by on my motorbike the ramps were in an awful state,literally disintegrating. I'm assuming they're digging them up to replace them,hopefully with similar ones as they're easier to nip around on the bike. Hope it's not the other ones,they're a right pain the arse to negotiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

As it turns out, ALL of the ramps on Esker Lane have been replaced by tarmac ones and they are far more forgiving than the previous ones. I don't feel like my teeth are chattering or my wheels are about to be punctured when I drive over them. They've lost that sharp "edge".
    Well done, SDCC!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They're currently doing a job on the ramps on Ballyowen Lane. Looks to be a similar standard to the Esker Lane ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...should be appropriately sized to the prevailing speed limit, mostly 50 kph. It is physically impossible to do more than 30 kph on the travesties that are supposed to be speed bumps on Esker Lane.

Esker Lane has 11 speed bumps in less than 1 km of road from rdbt at superquinn to traffic lights at Arth Griffith Pk end.

Similar lengths of road in Hillcrest make do with 2 or 3 bumps.

However the booby prize for the worst speed bumps in Dublin must go to Bunting Road near Crumlin village where it is impossible to exceed 10 kph without major suspension and sump damage. Prevailing speed limit on Bunting road is.....50 kph. There is more than 10 very large concrete bumps on about 1.5 km of this road and an idiotic ban on right turns to the adjacent Walkinstown Roundabout. Most drivers simply do a u turn on the next junction to the right in order to access that Roundabout.

I would HATE to be entering that raod for the first time on a wet or foggy night............

Advertisement