Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indianapolis

Options
  • 19-10-2011 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Just accepted a new job and I'll be sent there to begin with and will have to work there on and off. Anyone know anything about it? All I know is that there's something to do with race car driving there. Anyone been? Any anicdotes about the place? Anything interesting? No? No, didn't think so :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Indy 500

on no wait, you said interesting didnt you..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

I looked it up on Wikipedia on your behalf.

If I may sum up in terms we'll all understand, it's the Mullingar of the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

cml387 wrote: »
    I looked it up on Wikipedia on your behalf.

If I may sum up in terms we'll all understand, it's the Mullingar of the US.

I read about it too. It sounds sh*te! I lived in Calgary, Canada for a while and this sounds like the US equivelent.
    Oh well hopefully the girls are easy, and impressed by accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Brickyard! go see races while you're there if it's on! looks great on telly anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I know a good few people in Indy.

They hate it.

Sorry OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

If its anything like Pawnee from Parks and Recreation and if your office has the same amount of fun, it should be unreal craic out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Thud

Passed through there last year, seemed like a nice clean city. Stayed one night in hotel in the outskirts and only spent a few hours in city centre. Traffic wasn't bad from what i saw. Watched a Colts game in a sports bar, good atmosphere.

Not far from Chicago, St Louis, Cleveland, Columbus and Louisville so you have a few options for travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Well , it's not downtown Macroom but it will be an experience, enjoy and good luck with it. Nice to hear that someone is getting an oppurtuinity in these dark days.

How much are hookers in the states, roughly? None of that streetwalking stuff, like ones that will come to your hotel/motel/holiday inn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The city center is clean and modern. Some of the outskirts leave something to be desired. Not an ungodly distance from Chicago or Louisville. The motor racing is in Speedway, a suburb. Flat.

• Advertisement

The city center is clean and modern. Some of the outskirts leave something to be desired. Not an ungodly distance from Chicago or Louisville. The motor racing is in Speedway, a suburb. Flat.

Oh well, nothing spectacular then, I like American food though, and the people, always friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

They are hosting the superbowl in Feburary, so that should be good craic in the city that week....other than that i dont know much else about the city.

Hazys wrote: »
    They are hosting the superbowl in Feburary, so that should be good craic in the city that week....other than that i dont know much else about the city.

Really? I thought that was always in New Orleans

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Really? I thought that was always in New Orleans

No they move it around the southern states plus a few stadiums that have roofs.

But yes it is very often in New Orleans or Florida. Probably because of the ridiculous partys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Just accepted a new job and I'll be sent there to begin with and will have to work there on and off. Anyone know anything about it? All I know is that there's something to do with race car driving there. Anyone been? Any anicdotes about the place? Anything interesting? No? No, didn't think so :(

I was there for an F1 race in 2001, just after the 9/11 disaster.

It is a very clean city, some skyscrapers, nice centre to the city. I remember looking for a shopping centre or mall and the building was very formal looking from outside but great inside.

My friend and I were walking behind a car as we crossed a street (not much traffic) andit reversed and barely touched my friend, a woman came and said she saw what happened if we wanted to sue the driver, they are very helpful :pac:

Formal looking but the over riding thing was how clean the place was, exceptionally clean when we were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

I used to live in Washington DC and i spent a long weekend at the F1 race in 2000. From what i recall its a nice enough city with some good bars. We had a fantastic 4 days and the craic with the F1 crowd was mighty. The drive back to DC after 4 days drinking was not good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I grew up about an hour or so away from there on the Illinois and Indiana border. Can I be the first to say... I am sooooooo very sorry.

I grew up about an hour or so away from there on the Illinois and Indiana border. Can I be the first to say... I am sooooooo very sorry.

haha, oh well it's only for a few weeks, I'm going on Sunday. If I'm lucky immigration might turn me away!

lol, I'm here now, it's quite a dead town alright. I work right downtown but errr there's nothing here really! Have found a few bars and restaurants to while away the evenings (drink) so it's all good, friendly folk too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Indy is a great city.....plenty to do......and they have one of the up and coming hurling clubs in the US

Advertisement