Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50k + property in Dublin

Options
  • 19-10-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Just glancing through Daft etc its possible to get properties with asking prices in the 70's 80's. I wonder will any time soon bring the 50's 60's for the Dublin market.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

probably, but they'd only ever be 1 bed apartments in a concrete jungle, a kip of a house that needs another 20-30 grand of renovation, or in an area as rough as Southill in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Not really unless it is pretty much a shell and in a bad area.

Dublin house prices will recover first. It is apparently already happening but I wouldn't trust it myself. More jobs in dublin mean more expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Just glancing through Daft etc its possible to get properties with asking prices in the 70's 80's. I wonder will any time soon bring the 50's 60's for the Dublin market.

If we believe most recent analysis and those places in the 70's now fall another 15-20% then they may well hit the low 60's or even overshoot that slightly, especially if the banks still aren't lending.

It probably gets to a stage that those sitting on the fence are better off buying (provided they can get a mortgage) as waiting longer will save them less than 7-10% which is the grander scheme of owning the place for 20+ years isn't a major deal. But of course no-one will really know the optimum time to buy until it has passed and been proved by stats.

This long awaited property price database might be a leveler to some extent and give the transparancy the market is craving. It might actually speed things up a bit. As would a foreign bank coming in to offer mortgages. But then all the NAMA empties counteract that as long as they are drip dripping on to the market so there are a lot of variables at play here.

Advertisement