Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA commercial units

Options
  • 19-10-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a question aimed at people who would be considering opening up a new business. Would you have reservations about opening up a business in a NAMA owned commercial unit as apposed to a non-NAMA commercail unit? Is there any difference between the two and if so what?

all insight welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

stewie01 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a question aimed at people who would be considering opening up a new business. Would you have reservations about opening up a business in a NAMA owned commercial unit as apposed to a non-NAMA commercail unit? Is there any difference between the two and if so what?

all insight welcome.

I would also be interested in this. Sorry that I am hijacking your thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

not hijacked. would be good to get some insight from people in the know though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Is there a list somewhere of nama units for rent/lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭(insert name)

Hello,

all insight welcome.

AFAIK nama don't own most of the units. they just ownthe loans secured on them. if a developer or owner is in nama they'd be glad of the tenant though. I'm sure tenants have some rights if ownership changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Is there a list somewhere of nama units for rent/lease?

http://www.nama.ie/about-our-work/properties-enforced/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

I presume you mean a commercial lease with NAMA as the landlord, then it hardly makes a major difference because the whole deal is dictated whatever is written in the lease.
    Has the lease been agreed yet? or is it still up for negotiation.
    From a tenants perspective, you are looking for a desperate landlord who will be agreeable to a very pro-tenant lease....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pranal

Hello,

all insight welcome.

Never consider a Nama property for lease. We are in the process of taking a lease, which was agreed in October 2012. W paid te deposit immediately and since th chasing our solicitor and the estate agent for the deal to finalise.
    Everytime we call them the only answer we get is that they are still waiting on the NAMA to come back to them. I really dont understand what these guys are doing
    In the office as it takes them 6 months to take a decision, which they could fast track and start getting the rent instead.
    We are very frustrated dealing with these guys and still don't know what's going to happen after waitin for 6 months

Total waste of time doing business with public sector as they only have time to cover their ass and no signs of urgency

AVOID THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

one of the premises we operate from is a nama property. The owners of the premises were happy with the deal we had proposed but nama had to approve it. The delay we had in getting the deal done wasnt nama it was the bank that had the loan. We did send the head of nama an email to get things moved on and that helped. Once you sign the lease your secure no matter if its a nama property or not

Advertisement