Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle chain lubricant

• 19-10-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good cycle chain lubricant that won't fly off and coat the wheel rim and frame with oil?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Yorky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good cycle chain lubricant that won't fly off and coat the wheel rim and frame with oil?

Thanks in advance.
    You're probably putting too much on. Perhaps you should try something more viscous. Something like this* should do the trick.

* you have to switch your shipping destination to the UK to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Lemag wrote: »
    You're probably putting too much on. Perhaps you should try something more viscous. Something like this* should do the trick.
    I have been using that lubricant since I started cycling earlier this year. It is excellent, but I apply only a pin head drop on each joint between every ride, then I wipe the excess with cloth, so the chain is clean, dry and lubricated only where it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bikefan123

Lemag wrote: »

* you have to switch your shipping destination to the UK to see it.

you can't get this delivered to Ireland though as will stop you when reaching checkout...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

bikefan123 wrote: »
    you can't get this delivered to Ireland though as will stop you when reaching checkout...
    You can buy it in your local bike shop or in Halfords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

I use Muc-Off Wet Lube, find it very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mc1303

Since we are coming into winter use a wet lube , apply to chain and sprockets then spin the pedals and wipe of the excess , clean your chain then once a month or so depending on your mileage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

You don't need to lube sprockets. Just the chain. A wet lube will make the drive train really smooth but will get messy. A dry lube won't spray around as much but if you go out in the rain you have to re do it. Those finish line products are excellent.

Advertisement