Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Collection Crumlin?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey folks. We are new in Ireland and found a good house in Dublin 12 (crumlin). Internet, gas and stuff works well but now we shall sign up for any kind of waste collection. I already called dublin city council and they leaded me to greyhound who said thats not their area and I shall call dublin city council.

Because I don't like this call arounds I thought its maybe easier to ask here if anyone knows where I can call to sign up.

Location is Sundrive Road in Dublin 12, Crumlin.

Would be nice if anyone has a hint for us!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Dublin City Council should be arranging this for you. Contact details are here. I don't know why they said it should be someone else.

They should already have the address on file from the previous occupants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Sundrive Road is looked after by Dublin City Council. Phone 222 2222 and tell them you've moved into a house and would like to get the bins set up in your name. If there's arrears on the account you'll need proof you've taken over tenancy i.e. rent book or letter from landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm 90% sure Greyhound do all Dublin City Council waste collections, they took over from Oxigen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

From what I heard the clensing section in Dublin City Council is being privatised, I think Greyhound maybe be doing it in near future, this is probably why they said it to you....

I'm 90% sure Greyhound do all Dublin City Council waste collections, they took over from Oxigen.

Dublin City Council still look after the black bin collection, Greyhound only do the green bin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnonOne

I feel like I am still calling them ... anyone knows the answer now? Council or Greyhound? :D

And even more important, where to sign up? I just want to sign up anywhere and then its ok for me! :D

AnonOne wrote: »
    I feel like I am still calling them ... anyone knows the answer now? Council or Greyhound? :D

And even more important, where to sign up? I just want to sign up anywhere and then its ok for me! :D

I'm 110% positive it's Council :), Greyhound are green recycling bin. You need to ring the Council to sign up or change the name on the account but you may need to send in proof of tenancy so be prepared for that.
    For the green bin ring Greyhound and tell them you need to sort out a green bin collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This gives info and their phone number.
    Dublin City Council provides a three bin collection system – Grey/Black bin, Brown bin and Green bin. The green bin is collected free of charge and the brown and black bin are charged on a per lift basis. The brown bin is much cheaper to collect than an equivalent sized black bin to encourage its use.

The calendar with collection days is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tsar kee

Thorntons recycling have a pay as you go service. You just top up online or in shops that accept their card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Stephen P wrote: »
    Dublin City Council still look after the black bin collection, Greyhound only do the green bin.

I thought he was talking about Green Bins, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

try thorntons , their cheaper than the council rates..., they do all 3 bins, their collection times can be a bIt late though, so you might see your bin thrown in the middle of the road when you get home from work..council used to do ours about 6: 30am, depends on the street though though I presume..
    Think you might be entitled to tax relief too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 johnnycage2008

MY BIN MEN NEVER PICK UP OUR GREEN BINS. They have not collected our bins for nearly 2 months. No bills outstanding... no reason why they dont pick up

What happens is

1) They do not collect
    2) I call and complain, and informed someone will be sent out tomorrow to pick up the bins.
    3) Greyhound bintruck drives into estate and quickly does a U turn
    4) I call in and complain stating I my bins were not collected.
    5) Your customer care tell me you have checked GPS and they were in the estate
    6) have now figured out why the binmen drive in and drive back out. TO BEAT THE GPS tracking system. And to deceive the customer.
    7) Mafia style Waste disposal business this is. reminds me of a US sitcom or something

Can a bin company really be this corrupt?

Advertisement