Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Half marathon/marathon/10k 13th May 2012

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 issy29

LostinNaas I had the same problem as you. Left after 20 past 1 and arrived over finish line at 10 past 2.... if my adding is right thats under 50mins but my chip time was 59 mins... I have emailed the organisers but no reply! Assume they are busy as I doubt we're the only ones this happened with!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Marthastew wrote: »

thanks for that.... Nice to know I had a negative split:)
    Any idea why the results are just F and M and not also age categories? It would also be nice to know where we came in our category

Thanks to my meddling you now have a positive split :p

I figured the changes would give me an even split, but It actually gives a slightly bigger positive than before :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

issy29 wrote: »
    LostinNaas I had the same problem as you. Left after 20 past 1 and arrived over finish line at 10 past 2.... if my adding is right thats under 50mins but my chip time was 59 mins... I have emailed the organisers but no reply! Assume they are busy as I doubt we're the only ones this happened with!!!

Better off e-mailing the timing chip company, redtagtiming, organisers said on website that they would handle timing issues. Might get quicker answer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

With regards to the queuing I experienced a little bit of this when leaving mainly caused by congestion at the roundabout about leaving the Curragh.
    I'm not overly familiar with the area but perhaps the Guards could have a contingency plan for this for the couple of hours that most people are leaving, some type of outer protection route to give priority to traffic leaving the venue, maybe even sending everyone South and heading North at the next exit if you need to get back into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

menoscemo wrote: »
    Thanks to my meddling you now have a positive split :p

I figured the changes would give me an even split, but It actually gives a slightly bigger positive than before :mad:

Damn you and your meddling ways:D I blame the wind for our positive splits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

Dermo09 wrote: »
    Its most likely an error, query with the organisers.

Where are the photos?? i have not seen any up yet.....

Yes I sent them an email... No, I've not seen official photos, just personal ones. It would not give you confidence in the tag system, I assumed it would be automated and foolproof and I must have done something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

HelenAnne wrote: »

Surely it didn't happen in the 10K and the Marathon?

HelenAnne wrote: »

Is that aswell as the 2 marathon runners??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭runnerboy

yes both races were affected both races top 2 sent the wrong way. but in fairness to the organisers they looked after them with the proper prizes

runnerboy wrote: »
    yes both races were affected both races top 2 sent the wrong way. but in fairness to the organisers they looked after them with the proper prizes

No excuse for that, fair enough it happening once, everybody makes mistakes. But twice in the one day at the same place is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Photos are up here.

www.marathon-photos.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

runnerboy wrote: »

It's not all about money !!!I ran the wrong way in two races before with no stewards on the course.
    Was once sent the wrong way and this is even worse as the stewards have one simple job and thats to direct people the correct way.

For it to happen in both the 10k and marathon is a joke.
    Mistakes do happen but for it to happen twice in the one day is a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Kildare tv coverage , includes an interview with a certain 4th place runner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

issy29 wrote: »

I got a reply from redtag timing and they say a corrected version of the results should be online later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Kildare tv coverage , includes an interview with a certain 4th place runner ;)

<cringe>. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Can't beat those rolling hills :)

shels4ever wrote: »
    Can't beat those rolling hills :)
    Lol. In my defense, I had literally crossed the finish line and had the microphone thrust under my nose. I'm not sure the presenter has ever run a marathon before. If it had been Boston, I would've thrown up all over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Kildare tv coverage , includes an interview with a certain 4th place runner wink.gif

We have a new A/R/T media celebrity! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Aww I can't view it. How can I pass witty comments to KC now? :(

Aww I can't view it. How can I pass witty comments to KC now? :(
    You can go ahead and insult me and I'll assume you have seen it. Pick from:
    1) I see they had to speed up your progress when you were crossing the finish line
    2) Clint Eastwood wannabee
    3) Pfft.. Lost to a Kenyan
    4) Are those sun-glasses cemented to the top of your head?
    5) Boston.. Boston... Yada yada... Get over yourself.
    6) Rolling hills? We get it. No need to make the hand wavy motion
    7) TFBubendorfer is far more photogenic

Advertisement