Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indian Takeaway

• 19-10-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Got a flyer in the post a few weeks ago for an Indian takeaway that had 50% off on Wednesdays, I threw it in the bin and don’t remember the name or location. Was not Eastenders, Spice World on the Quay or Kashmari Tandori on high Street. Anyone refresh my dodgy memory as I fancy an Indian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Check out justest.ie it might be on there and refresh your memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Cheers, Tried but not listed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭aziz

It could be the new place on the yellow rd.Faitel or something like that it's called

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Its called Faisals, its on the Marion, by Military Road. I will be there this evening so I can get you the number

Kracken wrote: »
    Its called Faisals, its on the Marion, by Military Road. I will be there this evening so I can get you the number

Thanks, found it. Have number if anyone else fancies it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't know what it is but Indian food just leaves me cold. Very rarely I'll get a bit of craving for it but I generally avoid it which is strange because the majority of people who like their food would rather it over say a Chinese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Cold is the last word I'd think of to describe Indian grub!

Yum! Give me a Chicken Jalfrezi any day over some Chinese MSG gloop.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Their '50% off' thing is a joke. Rang them 2 weeks ago about it, if you were buying a meal normally you would get the rice free. with this deal, only the dish is half price, rice isn't included so ya have to buy that at full price along with any starter or extras. worked out dearer then ordering from eastenders so I didn't go with them.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Their '50% off' thing is a joke. Rang them 2 weeks ago about it, if you were buying a meal normally you would get the rice free. with this deal, only the dish is half price, rice isn't included so ya have to buy that at full price along with any starter or extras. worked out dearer then ordering from eastenders so I didn't go with them.

Love Eastenders food but not sure if it's cheaper than this 50% off deal. Got 3 dishes plus 3 pilau rice and 2 nans for €18.50.

Bit Fawlty Towers up there to be honest but could not fault the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Carrickbhoy

You can't beat Eastenders i drive down from Carrick once a week for a take away from there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

You can't beat Eastenders i drive down from Carrick once a week for a take away from there

Jaysus. Must try the place so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I agree. Eastenders - best Indian food in Waterford.

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

I love indian food, prefer it over chinese and it was one of the things I missed when I moved here from London back in 1997. Thankfully there are a few places to choose from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Can't fault Faisals at all. Got a starter, main course (with rice) and a naan bread for €9 tonight, and was stuffed after it. Have yet to have a bad meal out of there, and it always leaves me full (and that's quite an achievement) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Cafe Goa on the Quay just up a bit from Eastenders has lovely food too. Was there a few weeks back and couldn't fault it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Cafe Goa on the Quay just up a bit from Eastenders has lovely food too. Was there a few weeks back and couldn't fault it.

I agree. For me, it's the nicest Indian takeaway in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't know what it is but Indian food just leaves me cold. Very rarely I'll get a bit of craving for it but I generally avoid it which is strange because the majority of people who like their food would rather it over say a Chinese.
    Did that vindaloo put you off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

STIG83 wrote: »
    Did that vindaloo put you off?

It didn't actually although I regret that whole story till this day. I just prefer Thai. I'll admit Chicken Korna and that Butter Chicken are nice but I'm just rarely in the mood for one. Plus, Mrs Ziedth doesn't like Indian at all so i only have the opportunity to get it fairly rarely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭south

Think the place in high street is the nicest myself.

Advertisement